MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

2020 Corona Virus

11 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Don't know why, but now they are saying there was only one person in VA that they thought had the virus and that that person didn't have it. 

They can't seem to decide was it one person or three and did any of them have it or not. But then it's VA. 

The body bags disappear.

9 hours ago, Guest Joyfilled1 said:

Still only five in the US. Ummmm....for real?? Do any of you buy that?

Of COURSE!  When has the government (note, I am not digging at a party or an ideology) ever lied to the people?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, it just got real for me. There is a suspected case in Indiana. A woman has the flu but they don't know which kind yet. She lives in China. Wuhan to be exact. And was visiting Indy. They won't know if it's the caronavirus for a day or two. They won't say where she is being treated. Or where all she has been. Guess which county she is visiting in? Mine of course. Hummm. Lives in Wuhan, China and has the flu. 

And in Chicago, a woman with the coronavirus, who had been in China,  just gave the virus to her husband who hadn't been to China. So it's definitely passed from human to human.

I just heard she is in the local hospital.  Sigh.

Edited by Jeepers
Added Info
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yeah, that moves the virus up to a different classification with WHO.  But I think that had already happened in Wuhan. 

Here are a couple Doom and Bloom articles:  Dr Joe and Nurse Amy Alton.  Came thru my email this morning but new data is coming out hourly so....   They also have two videos about masks ...if you go to their site.

https://www.doomandbloom.net/coronavirus-update/

https://www.doomandbloom.net/the-new-coronavirus-future-pandemic-or-not/

And from CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/nonpharmaceutical-interventions/index.html

I haven't read all these yet....

MtRider  :pray:  for a certain county in INDY.... 

• Thanks 2

Mt. Rider,  Dr. Jo and nurse Amy are great. I got that e-mail as well.  I also have one of the books, but it is an older one. Going to check into the newest one.  Doom and Bloom is one I have gone to as well. Very good info. Lots there to learn. 

Thanks for putting that on here. 

Jeepers, praying for God to put protection around you and your family. Yes we saw it on the news. The bad part is where has that person been before she became sick. Hope it is not a city near where you are. But please be careful as you never know. Keep your hands washed and away from face. If need be where a mask when you have to go to stores. And use hand sanitizer if you have no where to wash hands. 

I worry about those coming in from China on those charter planes. One has already come into CA and I have a granddaughter that lives in CA. She uses that airport a lot as her job requires her to travel a lot. Hoping they are not having her travel  now. I do know she is home right now. They have said that the pilots on the charter planes are not protected. That is not good.

• Thanks 1

The charter pilots not protected?! Why would they do that. I think those people should have been quarantined inside the embassy. At least with the Ebola people they brought in, they were 'suited' up. 

I saw a YouTube video of an Irish guy in Wuhan. Wish I had saved it. He was there to teach English. He was on his way to the grocery store and showed the town. It's huge and almost totally empty. But the grocery store was busy and the shelves were well stocked. The store looked like business as usual. Very modern and obviously catered to foreigners. He said he wasn't worried about food shortages and everything was very cheap to buy. He and a friend were shopping together and they brought their food home in a rolling suitcase. They both had on a mask but the other person didn't wear any eye protection. 

He said you would get a heavy fine if caught driving and could lose your license. There were a couple of cars and they turned into the hospital. He said it must be opening back up. Huh, I wasn't aware they had closed down a hospital in Wuhan. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Jeepers said:

The charter pilots not protected?! Why would they do that. I think those people should have been quarantined inside the embassy. At least with the Ebola people they brought in, they were 'suited' up. 

I saw a YouTube video of an Irish guy in Wuhan. Wish I had saved it. He was there to teach English. He was on his way to the grocery store and showed the town. It's huge and almost totally empty. But the grocery store was busy and the shelves were well stocked. The store looked like business as usual. Very modern and obviously catered to foreigners. He said he wasn't worried about food shortages and everything was very cheap to buy. He and a friend were shopping together and they brought their food home in a rolling suitcase. They both had on a mask but the other person didn't wear any eye protection. 

He said you would get a heavy fine if caught driving and could lose your license. There were a couple of cars and they turned into the hospital. He said it must be opening back up. Huh, I wasn't aware they had closed down a hospital in Wuhan. 

I saw this video too, thought he was very good, was interested in the store that there was no tills open only self check out, can you imagine all the germs living on those screens, the hospital shown didn't seem that large, possibly a small medical facilities.

News on sky reporting death rate is now over 200.

The plane carrying British ex pat's over will arrive around 1:30 today at a RAF camp and they will travel by coach north to Liverpool hospital for 14 day quarantine. Too close for comfort for me.

ro2935, I noticed that he wore two masks and thought it was a good idea. I didn't like that the black one looked reusable though. I think it would be a good idea to wear a surgical mask with an N95 over top of that to hopefully get a more snug fit without gaps. 

Hopefully it won't get that bad out of China and all of this will be a lesson for all of us to plan ahead and store things we need for the future when things are plentiful and affordable. I still have a lot of supplies that I didn't use use during SARS and Ebola. I felt a little foolish once nothing materialized around my area but now I'm glad for the stuff. Lesson learned. 

• Like 1

The YouTube channel that we are talking about is called  Channel4news  sorry I can't link it because I'm on the Kindle and can't link from here. His name is Ben Kavenaugh. 

But, I just saw where he is being evacuated now. From Wuhan to England to Ireland. So much for no planes flying out of Wuhan. The plane looked like it was going to be packed. Sigh. 

His mask looked like it had big gaps in either side and he didn't put on his goggles until he got on the bus. And no gloves. 

Edited by Jeepers
Finished My Thought.
  • Sad 1

Thanks Beryl. Good site.

Notice how many have recovered and how many deaths there are. Very encouraging to me. Just because you get this flu doesn't mean you are going to die! Build up your immune system as best you can. 

I know they compare it to the Spanish Influenza but back then they didn't have the mass media to warn about ways to protect themselves. Did they even know about germs then. I can't remember dates. 

As the Brits say, "Keep Calm...And Carry On".

Guest Joyfilled1
30 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

Praise the Lord. That woman in Indiana doesn't have the coronavirus. She has the regular flu. 

I was reading through the comments, hoping for good news from you. Yay!! Praise God. Stay attentive and alert. I don't trust they're numbers at all....

Beryl thank you for that chart.  Great info there.  

Jeepers glad that person didn't have CV.  That is great news. 

One of the things when checking my supplies was no googles for the eyes.  These are good to have and need to fit snug around the eyes just like the mask need to fit snug. So ordered a couple of pair of googles like they use for pandemics from Amazon.  Better safe than sorry.  Also, get some Johnson's baby shampoo. You can wash your eyes out with it. It will NOT burn your eyes.  The home health nurses told me about it. So we have added that to our routine.  So if we are out and about when we get home we both wash our hands and our eyes. That also helps with the flu as well. 

• Thanks 2

Adding baby shampoo to my list. 

I got swimming goggles a couple of years ago. I noticed the stores are putting out their summer things now. If they don't have the goggles out yet, they soon will. I got some that are clear and some that are tinted. They fit pretty tightly with their adjustable straps. Not very expensive either. I have some face shields. For Ebola...sigh. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
Guest Joyfilled1

#8 confirmed in Boston.

Anyone here from Cincinnati? I heard that 7 school districts closed because of the flu.... nothing mentioned about Coronavirus. 

Also.... Pentagon to have 1000 beds ready for Coronavirus patients. 

How much are they not telling us??

On 1/31/2020 at 7:22 AM, Jeepers said:

I think it would be a good idea to wear a surgical mask with an N95 over top of that to hopefully get a more snug fit without gaps. 

Jeepers, I'm afraid all that would do is to mess up the fit of the N95 mask.  Also would complicate taking off the contaminated masks...a more delicate procedure if you've got hands like mine that don't always follow directions. 

Surgical masks  [the flat/pleated mask with ear loops ]  were designed for the team of docs/RNs etc to keep their exhalations off of the surgical patientNot really to protect the person wearing that type of mask.  I wore surgical masks to my 2 recent doc appts ....to protect OTHER people FROM ME and my violent/frequent exhalations. 

Surgical masks will offer a bit of protection but the virus is so VERY MUCH smaller than bacteria.  If desperate and that's all you have, ya might want to use some painters tape [easy to pull off...unlike duct tape] ......tape the edges of a surgical mask to your face.  NOT A FIRST CHOICE FOR PROTECTION!!  But it would seal the gap problem

The second problem with surgical masks is that they are not made from materials that can filter out 95% of what is inhaled thru that material.    Refer again to virus size as compared to bacteria.  Huge difference.  Remember ...... from research on water filtration devices.  Few devices filter water down to a virus-size level.  Which is why you might have to add bleach to any water filtered unless your water filter is a very good ones.  [and pure water might not be off-topic during any crisis...... know what I mean?:bev: 

MtRider  ....I like social distancing, if I can DO it.  Too many doc appts and blood test at hospital yesterday. :shrug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

OK......this next link I post is either RIDICULOUS .......or   :tinfoilhatsmile:  .......OR   :behindsofa:      And I have no idea which it might be.  :shrug:  

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/dog-masks-coronavirus

The BIG question is........does this virus have ANY chance of spreading to domesticated animals?  

Wanna see something spread outta control verrrrry fast.......  

:runcirclsmiley2:

OR ......is it just another way to scare dollars out of folks who want to [unnecessarily]  "save" fur babies?   :buttercup: 

MtRider  ...either way - it bothers me...

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 2

Jeepers....  :amen:    Soooo glad to hear your certain county in INDY was ordinary flu.  OTOH.....sheeesh, we have way more "flu deaths" each year than any of the modern pandemics show.  As Joyfilled just reported schools closing from flu.   So keeping up protocols and our general health for "even just the flu" is certainly a good idea too.  

The "flu virus" that managed to grab DH and I was not the life-threatening type.  Unless one can actually cough up a lung..  :sassing:  ..but that was my complication from bronchitis.  The operating principle of 'FLU' does include opening the patient up for SECONDARY things like bronchitis in my case.  In the elderly or weak....possible pneumonia.  And that's what raises the death statistics.  Our virus was just coughing with initial fever/chills.......BUT it hangs on, weakening it's poor victims.  We're STILL struggling to regain full energy again.  :(

My brother in D.C. just got the whole works with digestive distress -- both ends.  Headaches.  I think fever.  Coughing.  Barely keeping water down.  He's on Day 4.  The risk with this version is dehydration.  He knows and is trying to drink all he can.  Please pray he doesn't need more care than staying home, miserable. 

Dogmom and Beryl.... :thumbs:   for the maps!!  I DO like my data!!

MtRider  :pray: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Sad 3