MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

My Mom

....unexpectedly went Home to be with her Savior. She had a heart attack early last week, and was able to get to a hospital. They ran a few tests, discovered 3 of her arteries were clogged, and needed open heart surgery. It was scheduled for last Friday. Dad and I were with her right before the surgery, prayed with her, kissed her goodbye and went to the waiting area. We were full of hope that she was going to be feeling so much better when she came out (other than the surgery itself). They said they got her on the table and her heart slowed down, then just stopped. They were able to bring her heart back, but not enough. Half an hour later, doctor recommended they stop, as she would be a vegetable from lack of oxygen. Dad agreed.  This also happened to be my Dad's birthday.

She was one of my best friends, she was my confidant, my partner in mischief and my prayer warrior. She helped me so much and encouraged me in my life. She was a powerful prayer warrior and was sold out for Christ. I'm thankful beyond words for the influence she had in my life and my family.

And I miss her, so very much. <3

• Sad 8

I'm so very sorry to hear about your Dear Mother Joyfilled! That must have been such a shock. I know you will miss her desperately. Especially during canning time. Sending you peaceful, strengthening prayers.    

:pray:     :hug3:     :pray: 

• Thanks 1

Thank you, everyone....my family and I appreciate your love and prayers.

I'm still so very sad. My sister from Mexico is here, the other one (and hubby) and the rest of my family from Mexico arrive early next week. It's going to be a FULL house (7 of us and 9 of them). I pray this is a special time, where we can lean on each other, but especially on Christ.

Thank you all again....:grouphug:

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
I’m so sorry Joyfilled. My mom passed on October 24 after being on hospice for several weeks. Doesn’t matter if it happens quickly or over a long period of time...it’s just incredibly hard to say goodbye.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

I’m so sorry for your loss Dogmom4.  I lost my Mom a few years back and still feel the sadness occasionally. More often now though I am able to remember her with a smile.  My prayers for you both and your families.  🙏 

• Like 2
On 11/11/2021 at 1:26 PM, dogmom4 said:

I’m so sorry Joyfilled. My mom passed on October 24 after being on hospice for several weeks. Doesn’t matter if it happens quickly or over a long period of time...it’s just incredibly hard to say goodbye.

Oh, I'm so sorry, Dogmom!! So hard.... God is so good and gives us comfort, but while on earth, pain is still a difficult process. Big hugs as you navigate during this time! :hug3:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I am sorry for your loss Joyfilled but happy that you will see her again in heaven.  Prayers to you and your family for coping and consolation.

Edited by kappydell
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you all so much. I'm convinced that prayer help carry us through this difficult time.

@Snowmom, it's good to hear from you. I feel like I've known you forever. Hugs! Joyfilled aka HappyGirl.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...