MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whats for dinner???

What are you going to watch for Stupid Horror Movie Night? zombie.gifvampy.gifmonster.gifteu42.gif

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking tonight will be crock pot sloppy joes and steamed potatoes with corn and green beans.

Having to rearrange all the dinner menus since I'm working evenings now (at home). Need to use the cp more LOL.

Mo7

Originally Posted By: Leah
What are you going to watch for Stupid Horror Movie Night? zombie.gifvampy.gifmonster.gifteu42.gif

We watched this absolutely awful movie called Bleed. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, even for an evening of stupid horror movies! It was hardly horror. One of my friends said "I didn't know they made movies this bad!!!"

But, that's the joy of Stupid Horror Movie Night!

That sounds good Zzelle!

I worked today, so I had leftovers in small plastic containers. The family had burgers, baked beans & potato salad for lunch. Then for dinner dh 'made' fish sticks & french fries (ew).

Tomorrow, we are having beef stew or maybe chili - both homemade & home canned. Gotta love those 'convenience' foods. grin

sat. we tried mre's out on the kids and they liked them woohoo now to get more for preps, tonight we are having chicken and pasta someway not sure yet might just be a casserole

Hubby made a very hot vegetarian chili, so for those who don't like that I made macaroni-and-cheese with a choice of hot dogs or garlic-parmesan codfish. Salad for all.

Since we had our larger meal at noon today, spaghetti corn and salad tonight we just threw some polish sausage in a pan and boiled them.. Of course we went fishing until near dark and didn't feel like cooking.

Originally Posted By: Buttercup
Since we had our larger meal at noon today, spaghetti corn and salad tonight we just threw some polish sausage in a pan and boiled them.. Of course we went fishing until near dark and didn't feel like cooking.

Now you did it! Went and made me fish hungry...guess I am going to have to go fishing and catch a mess of bream to coook up with some slaw, baked beans and hush puppies!

Q

I am throwing a few pork chops I'd baked in the crock pot with mushrooms, a can of roasted red pepper/tomato soup, and chicken stock. When I get home this evening, I'll throw in the potatoes and let them cook for a bit.

Last night we had Taco's and tonight it probably pork chops. smile I have two thing listed on the menu, but I think I'll do the pork chops. smile With the chops, there will be baked potatoes and a salad and veggies of some kind. smile

furbabymom, how do you make your pork casserole? I just got a good buy on pork, and need some more recipes for it.

Leah - here's my pork casserole recipe. I took one out of the Taste of Home Cookbook and modified it to suit our tastes (which I do with just about every recipe I've ever tried!).

2 cups dry egg noodles

2 tablespoons cooking oil (less if you use a nonstick pan)

1 pound boneless pork, cut in 1/2 inch cubes

1 medium onion, diced

2 ribs celery, sliced

1 tablespoon minced garlic

1/2 bell pepper, any color, diced

1 can sliced mushrooms, drained

1 can whole kernal corn, drained

2 cans cream of mushroom soup

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt

3/4 sleeve Ritz-type crackers, crushed

Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Use the lower end of the time range, so they're not mushy after they've backed in the casserole.

In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the pork, onions, celery, garlic, and bell pepper. Saute until the pork is cooked through.

In a large bowl, mix the noodles, pork mixture, and all remaining ingredients except the cracker crumbs. Pour into a 13x9x2 casserole dish. Top with cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Thanks much furbabymom, it looks good.

I printed it out, will try it later this week. Have to ditch the corn though, I don't digest it as well as I used to.

Tonight I'm making grilled Gyro burgers with Tzatziki Sauce, tabouli and hummus...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Archived