MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello, New here (HappyCamper) Can I play too...Please

HappyCamper45

Hello: newhere

I just join yesterday and wanted to say hello...This place is Jumping, hopping, laughing sharing, caring and crazy dancing and that’s what I saw in the first 30 seconds talking to Necie...I mean that literally...If you've ever talk to Necie you would know what I mean...Thanks for the warm welcome Necie. Thanks for the help. Glad to hear I’m not going to die from eating my canned meats. sick

I saw Cat's link to Mrs. Survival on Plan 4 Pandemic website. . I was looking up canning tips. As far as I can tell Cat’s and expert at everything. Me, I’m still looking for the one thing I’m really good at….Haven’t found it yet.

I am however willing to listen, read, learn and share what ever I have been taught and I promise to try to keep my question down to 20 or so a day. Is that to many? feedback

I’m 45 yrs young and married 19 years and He hasn’t killed me yet. 2 teens… 1 boy, 1 girl, 1 Golden retriever, 1 cat …Used to have 26 Chickens, 8 turkeys and 1 pig but that was 5 years ago…I can help in that department if ya have any questions. No, I don’t live on a farm…I just thought how cute it would be to hatch chickens, then Turkey’s …Yeah, we were stupid I know but, there’s nothing like a fresh egg. I miss them a lot.

We have a garden, and some fruit trees some berry bushes/hedges and I haven’t a clue how to utilize all this food. I’m hoping to learn hear…I've Already found out from Cat you can freeze grapes…Yeah…I’m sick of canning them already.. I'm looking for the tips that your grandmother would give you if she were here sitting by my side.

Thanks for having me and I'll try to be on my best behavior before 8:00 pm. Meds wear off after that.

Thanks

HC

Welcome. Glad to meet you. I haven't been here more than a couple of months. I know what you mean about the instant impression though. I knew almost right away that this was a great place to be. It still took me a little while to actually join though. I may post long posts, but I am shy as well. It took me awhile to actually feel ready to post. That is when I joined.

did ya happen to bring any chocolate with you?

now where is the grape pie recipe?

Grapes Cake

For eight servings: 7 oz table black grapes, stalk-removed, 4 eggs, 1 3/4 cup flour, 8 oz butter, 1 cup sugar, 1/3 teaspoon powdered cinnamon, 1/3 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 2 tablespoons icing sugar, salt.

Move butter and eggs out of the refrigerator one hour in advance. Dice the butter in a large bowl and get working it with a whisk, till creamy. As long as the work goes, add the sugar, a spoonful at a time, and continue whipping till foamy. Pour in the flour, maybe sieved in advance to prevent lumps, and stir deeply to mix the whole. Stir in egg-yolks, one at a time, cinnamon and the pepper. Apart, whisk the egg-whites to hard peaks, along with a pinch of salt. Mix the latter to the butter cream, stirring upwards with a rubber spatula, till evenly mixed. Butter and flour an eight-inch mold with high sides and pour the concoction in it. Add the grapes, thoroughly rinsed and dried, and sink them into the batter with the fingertips. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F, about one hour. Check doneness with a skewer. Allow to cool down and dust with abundant icing sugar.

no that isn't it!

Spiced Grapes

1 lb. (450 g) seedless grapes

1 cup (250 ml) sugar

1 (250 ml) cup water

1 cinnamon stick

2 star anise

5 whole cloves

12 black peppercorns

Combine all ingredients except grapes in a small saucepan and boil for two to three minutes. Pierce each grape two to three times with a sharp skewer or toothpick. Place grapes in a small bowl and cover with the syrup mixture. Refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours. Serve with cheese or nuts.

nope still not it!

AH HA!!! found it!

Grape Pie

2 sheets unbaked pastry

2-3 cups grapes (enough to fill pie crust)

5-6 tablespoons sugar (to taste)

1 tablespoon water

Line a pie dish with one sheet of the pastry. Fill pastry case with the grapes. Sprinkle sugar and water over, cover with a layer of pastry, cut a slit in the centre and bake at 200C for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 180C and continue cooking for a further 30 minutes.

balloons Welcome HappyCamper

About the questions......ha! This group is like an over-acheiving, Gifted & Intelligent class of kids. When a question is asked, we jump all over each other to be the first to answer. Your questions will just set off the feeding frenzy.

Ditto for chocolate.... chocobun

MtRider

thanks

OH my God what a wonderful Group...I have a smile from ear to ear..

I feel like I'm on a high just reading all of this...You've given me inspiration and I haven't had that in a long time... smile

Been reading at night until my eyes are tired...I'm so excited to see all the apple recipes...I have four apple trees and just up the road Is an Apple orchard. Some of the apples are so big you'd think they were grapefruit.

Can't wait to make the pea soup (Thanks Darlene) and the apple butter (thanks Darlene).

There's a lot of canners out there because I went to three wal-mart's and no lids. Going to make white concor grape jelly, champaine grape jelly...Now who's got the peanut butter...Sure there's a recipe for that here some where...Peanuts grow great in NY State...Personally I like Jiff. Just open the Jar.

Westbrook: Thanks for the grape cake recipes..Who knew dancing

Thanks for such a warm welcome.....Who's got the pop corn, I'll add the rasinets.

**Cat rolls in the teacart with brownies, warm cinnamon rolls, and three kinds of cheesecakes...**

Better watch out, HappyCamper... this place is highly addictive... think.gif or is it contagious??

shrug

Anything you need to know, just ask.

grouphug2

Hi HC! wave Glad ya found your way to the Sunporch and into the forums. grin

*this gal is somethin' else. wink was slippin' me notes under the back door (pm), and tossin' rocks at my window and hollerin' at me the other night (shout box)-and all before ever posting. real go-getter she is. (and she says she has NO interests!? rollingeyes *

bighug HC and welcome.gif

Oh yeah-almost forgot...I brought a chocolate banana creme pie for all. (Just like banana creme, but with chocolate pudding.) Is even better if we shave some chocolate on top. yumyum Now....where did that chocolate bar go for chocolate shavings????

chocobun WESTIE!!!!!!!

Hey grape , oops I mean great to have you join us. I LOVE THIS PLACE!! and you sound like you will fit right in. And NO, and I mean NNNOOO question is stupid. These folks love to answer questions. Have fun and see you around.

Archived