MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

One less light in the dark

My beloved Miss Margaret is gone, now. The last couple of years have been hard enough to make me really wonder why anyone would want to live to 98. Stretching out the last few years means not remembering visits, not getting to eat chocolate cake, not eating fried foods, or anything salty, no matter how much you like them. No bacon. Think of it. Bacon, bacon, every where, and never a crumb to eat.

But she's been a great source of stability and comfort for me over the past thirty years or so, and I miss her.

No matter the age it's hard to lose someone. My aunt died in April 1 week before her 100th birthday. We all miss her even though she'd been wanting to pass since her 90th birthday.

My thoughts are with you Ambergris.

Awwww. I was just thinking of my great grandma Esther, she was 98 yrs old when she passed. I looked at my newest doc today and said I hoped I would at least live another 20 or so years.... heck I don't know if I want to live til 100 or so if this nation and world don't settle back down some!

Maybe she enjoying some of the best bacon there is right now, once again. I guess she must have loved her bacon.

Despite the fact that she must have been restricted so much in the past couple years or so, it sounds like you probably have some good memories of her and she was a steady part of your life and its important to cherish that.

Edited by arby

You know, I really wonder when someone is that age what the point is of holding off giving them bacon, chocolate cake, salt or whatever their little hearts desire. Sheesh, she'd probably eaten that way all of her life and had lived to be in her 90's. What's the point? We are a strange society!!!

Sorry for your loss. It is hard to let go sometimes. :bighug2:

I do agree with what Dee said, when we get that age, what difference will a piece of bacon or cake make.