MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

OH MY!   :happy0203:   "High Ropes" have really matured/expanded since back in my day in the late 80's!!!!!!!  :hapydancsmil::cele::woohoo:     I would LOVE to tackle this playground!!!

Y'see....back 30 yrs or so ago.....when I was working with at-risk and adjudicated teens as a Recreation Therapist, we used a Low and High Ropes course to do team building.  But more to the point, in our case, to let the kids experience their Challenge Points.   Coach them on how to continue when they met their Can't-Go-ANY-Further point.  We used the kayaking for that as well.....but only after we'd had them thru the Ropes course.  The Ropes course is very nearly a "controllable" situation.  The Pacific Ocean.....  :unsure:  Not So Much.  :grinning-smiley-044:

With the Ropes Course, we'd quickly figure out which kid was likely to react in which ways.....although not entirely.  One kid discovered he REALLLLLLY can't do heights.  But when he panicked in the exercise of dumping his kayak and trying to get back in.....I was beside him with my kayak to coach him through.  This time, he was able to push thru panic and succeed.  :bounce:  :cheer:   :thumbs:    THAT is so exciting for him and me.  Now, kid.....do that in school and social situations as well.  You. Are. Not. A. Loser.

:happy0203:   ........... :lol:    Can you tell?  These memories are one of my "Happy Places".  

So Homesteader?  Do you go thru these just on your own like a miniature golf course?   [ so to speak...LOL  ]   Or does your group have guided tours thru the different aspects?   I'm assuming by looking closely, that you're On self Belay.  They have that at the indoor climbing walls around here.  So.....is there just some instruction at the beginning and then they turn you loose?  

I found to my disappointment.....when we went to a local indoor climbing wall with all the Maui 'ohana, that I didn't have sufficient upper body strength to do much.  My legs are much better, despite using wheelchair from time to time.  'Course  that's always been the case. 

My mom and I were discussing my childhood tree-climbing.  I lived in the trees of our farm.  Had my own special favorite...MY tree.  I'd LOVE to go do a course like this, even now with my current age and challenges.  :bounce: 

....thanks for the grins!  My challenge today .....MORE challenging due to the "slipped" S.I. joint last night........is to 1)  get ready.... 2) fix my sleep messed-up hair... 3) ride on Senior transport to my appointment 'in town.... 4) survive to ride back....then :0327:     Collapse AFTER......not BEFORE  :grinning-smiley-044:  .....NOT DURING  :o    ......AFTER!!!

MtRider   :pray:   ....back feels better after good nite's sleep but fragile.  Sheeeesh!  

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Mt_Rider said:

So Homesteader?  Do you go thru these just on your own like a miniature golf course?   [ so to speak...LOL  ]   Or does your group have guided tours thru the different aspects?   I'm assuming by looking closely, that you're On self Belay.  They have that at the indoor climbing walls around here.  So.....is there just some instruction at the beginning and then they turn you loose?  

There were guides at various 'crows nests' around the course. After the instruction on the first obstacle, we were left to figure out how to get through the rest of the course. We could go many different directions.  We paired up and went out. Only four people could be on one phase of the course at a time. We had our own colored safety cable above us to hook into. The other pair on the course took the other colored cable. OSHA would be proud of the safety training we received.   :happy0203:

We did have one lady who ended upside down and didn't have the upper body strength to upright herself. She was not built to even tackle the course, but they allowed her. It took over 20 minutes for the instructors to get her head above her heart. It would have been a good time to have several MALE instructors handy to help with muscling her back to the next crows nest.  The guys weren't very far away. They just let the female instructors learn some valuable lessons themselves, like trying to scoot dead weight uphill for 30'. Once they figured out leverage instead of muscle, they got the poor lady to safety.   :wave:   Several other ladies made it out onto the first obstacle and fell.  They spent much of the afternoon weepy and discouraged. Our pastor's wife did some consulting and really helped the ladies.

All-in-all it was fantastic. IF we decide to do it next year, we'll get back to the health club and get in better shape. Besides, I was only 3 weeks out of the hospital and only 1 week from raising my arm above my head due to Shingles.  :laughkick:

• Like 5

Great photos, all of you!  I love the box shelves, euphrasyne!

Wouldn't be getting me on a high wall, course or otherwise!  Vertigo.

Walked first this morning--not as much pain. Yay
Walked dogs.
Made egg muffins, but in a pan to slice--easier to clean the pan.
Did 2 loads of laundry--1 to go.

Just put first coat of varnish on walking stick.  Second coat later this evening.

• Like 5

Yes ,Euphrasyne... I also wanted to comment on the creativity of recycled boxes for shelving.  I do that from time to time also.  Back in college, I paper mache'-d some boxes to make them stronger, then painted them.  I had them for many years.  These days.....only so much time/energy/space.  :thumbs:   ..... :lol:   "baby jail"  Oooooh, she's a CUTIE!!!  

Homesteader.....

3 hours ago, Homesteader said:

Several other ladies made it out onto the first obstacle and fell.  They spent much of the afternoon weepy and discouraged.

I assume by fell, you mean "gently let down to the ground [or whatever] on the belay system"   ;)  .....but did that then disqualify them to rejoin the next obstacle?   Or did they just freak and were unwilling to try anymore? 

Wellllll.......I accomplished my challenge today.  I was feeling tentative and and 'fragile'  but it went fine.  My back did begin to seize up while waiting for my transportation to take me home.  Quickly took another Nuprin and homeopathic pill.  By the time I got home, I was out of pain.  AND the S.I. thing has not popped out since yesterday.  My in-house chiro adjusted me last evening and this morning before I left.  :thumbs:   :pray:  

MtRider   ....this too shall pass.... 

• Like 5

got quite a shock today.  My sister was on the phone and said she was having short term memory loss big time.  Came on suddenly, and she is scared, naturally, since Mom had Altzheimers.  Mary & I just looked at each other and thought the same thing....covid shot reaction?  Did considerable digging, and found out that other people have had the same thing happen to them after getting covid injections.  Memory loss....cant remember what they went into a room for....one was asked by a co worker if he was drumk after he e mailed her a memo at work, his typing and thinking were so fuzzy.  Of course, this is all denied by the powers that be.  Funny thing, a world renowned virologist in India is suddenly a consipiracy theorist when he predicted such problems.  My heart aches for my sister.  She was so insistent I get the shot that she cried and told me she was frightened to death for me because I did not get the shot.  I blieve she was, she sounded scared spitless.  Now I am hurting for her and worried about my brother that did take the shot.  I do not know if I will tell her or not....it wont help now, and I want to help her get thru this, not say "I told you so".  I will have to sit down and cry and get it out of my system tonight then pick up and carry on.  we are putting in the winter garden, and there is no time to sit around.  Our freezers are refilled with meat as we broke the budget replacing our meat supplies.  We can now coast for quite a while if things get wierd.  or should I say wierd-ER?

That high ropes course looks like FUN!  Im strong albeit crooked....love to try such a thing.   Instead we shall just start clearing out some of our wooded parcel and put in a shooting range instead.  Noiser, but still satisfying.  

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

Kappydale, prayers for your sister. I do hope this is a temporary thing.  I have heard horror stories about this vaccine.  

Also found out the CDC is covering up all people that got the vaccine and died from it are being labeled as the unvaxed. So they are lying about people that has gotten the vaccine and then got covid and didn't make it. They are really covering their A... on this. Determined to put blame on the unvaxed. 

I love those box drawers. Great job. 

If I was about 30 years younger, I  would love to try that rope climbing.  Looks like fun.

Today They bought the new raised bed boxes and they didn't even take them out of truck. I declined the order as it looked like they were dropped and stuff missing. I love tractor supply. They have already shipped out a new order. So should be here in a few days. 

Put up 2 gals. of green peppers in freezer. Still getting green peppers, but they are now slowing down. Tomatoes are done. Still getting a few eggplants but not many. 

Tomorrow the contractor comes to give me estimate on fireplace and bathrooms. Not sure from there yet what else I will do. Getting estimate on a privacy fence also. That needs to be done. Will call neighbor behind me as soon as I get the estimate on fence as when the old fence comes down she wants to get the bushes cut down and will need to come around to my yard to do it.  They have gotten way out of control. Would be much easier with no fence in the way. She can't get between her shed and the bushes now. 

Hoping this contractor can help me plan this house in a way that I can use it better. Need the storage bad. Attic that I had almost emptied is full again. But it is full of emergency supplies. That is why I want another shed. I am getting to old to climb in and out of the attic. I have thought about renting a storage shed for some of the stuff, but not sure how that would pan out if I really needed to get to it fast. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Mt_Rider said:

assume by fell, you mean "gently let down to the ground [or whatever] on the belay system"   ;)  .....but did that then disqualify them to r 2 feet and were caught ejoin the next obstacle?   Or did they just freak and were unwilling to try anymore? 

They fell about 2 feet and caught by the safety lines. They had to climb back up with help and back to where they came from which was about 4' behind them. They took off their helmets and harnesses and went down to the bleachers the rest of the afternoon. Only bruised the pride. We think we're still young even though our bodies tell a different story.  :hug3:

• Like 5

Kappy... it gives me the shakes....just to think about what might be percolating in so many folks' bodies.  :(   Hope this will pass....

My back is MUCH improved today.  Barely a squeak out of it. :amen:    Fatigue is a bit heavy today tho.....  :shrug: 

The long supply chain between DH's Workman's Comp doc ....employer....office folks...case manager.....and pharmacist..... broke down.  { ya THINK?}   So he wasn't able to fill the lidocane patch 'script on Sunday.  So.....I think we're going back tomorrow.  Then he can rest on the spare bed at my mom's.......while she and I go out to eat.  We'll bring him home some take-out.  No way he could sit in a chair or booth to eat.  

As for memory problems [not related to any j-ab ]  I was just thinking this morning that .....  :sigh:  .....mebbe I need to have a talk with our doc.  On a topic I've been avoiding:  M.S.  ....and memory problems.  In the flurry of ALL that's happened since Aug/Sept/Oct .... memory problems have kinda got me concerned.  M.S.?  I've had that!   Fatigue? That will go away when life settles a bit.  OR...something else   cuz it's obviously in my family.  :scratchhead:  

MtRider   ....did I set up transportation for the horse ride....or not????  :buttercup: 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Mt. Rider, we all I think get a bit forgetful in old age. I know I have a problem remembering names sometimes, but remember faces better. Or I forget where I put something. But it does come back to me. 

I heard but have not found proof for sure yet, but have heard that using aluminum foil for cooking or aluminum pots and pans causes the aluminum to build up in body. This also includes deodorant that contains aluminum. That this builds up in your body and causes dementia. Hope that is not true.

Busy day today.  The people for den and bathrooms did not show today. Called them and they huh something must have happened, we can reschedule for Thursday. Will see. I will give them a second chance but only for bathrooms. Called a chimney company and they have contractors that work with them. They can do the whole den. So they will be taken off all the paneling, fix the ceiling above the fireplace and totally reface and new mantel. Also will insert a wood burning stove. 

TV console came today also. Now have TV out of living room and back in bedroom. They will recap the chimney as well. Tomorrow the awnings will be installed. :hapydancsmil: Things I hope will now fall into place. I have the clothes situation figured out now. And it will have to do till Dec. when one of the dressers come in. The other one comes in Feb. now.  Going to try to get out soon to buy the den furniture. Hope that won't be as bad as the bedroom furniture. Not going to the same place for that. Going to try to get in touch with the well guy tomorrow if I can get the time. That is a must be done now deal. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Littlesister said:

I heard but have not found proof for sure yet, but have heard that using aluminum foil for cooking or aluminum pots and pans causes the aluminum to build up in body. This also includes deodorant that contains aluminum. That this builds up in your body and causes dementia. Hope that is not true.

I’ve seen medical & scientific reports saying that’s true.  I use it, limited, now. Sigh.  It is a nice tool to keep baking pans clean.  But after seeing the reports, I don’t mind scrubbing my dishes.  :sigh:

Might be why I have a tremendous amount of memory loss.  Used it constantly for over 40 years….before I read the reports.  :imoksmiley:

• Sad 4

I don't use aluminum except foil every great now and then.  Never did.  No.....MS has enough memory problems that I've lived as an elderly long before I was a senior.  But....it's been a rough few months and it's not over yet.  It very well could be due to this SIEGE!  We'll see.  However, I haven't seen a neurologist or had an MRI in 25 yrs........so   :whistling:   it might be time to check things again.   Not going to start that up until DH and the spinal issue is more resolved tho.  :twister3:

Thanks for the tip, Virginia.  At this point, the 'script is paid for by Workman's Comp but if that runs out......

MtRider  :offtobed: 

• Like 2
On 10/4/2021 at 5:59 PM, kappydell said:

got quite a shock today.  My sister was on the phone and said she was having short term memory loss big time.  Came on suddenly, and she is scared, naturally, since Mom had Altzheimers.  Mary & I just looked at each other and thought the same thing....covid shot reaction?  Did considerable digging, and found out that other people have had the same thing happen to them after getting covid injections.  Memory loss....cant remember what they went into a room for....one was asked by a co worker if he was drumk after he e mailed her a memo at work, his typing and thinking were so fuzzy.  Of course, this is all denied by the powers that be.  Funny thing, a world renowned virologist in India is suddenly a consipiracy theorist when he predicted such problems.  My heart aches for my sister.  She was so insistent I get the shot that she cried and told me she was frightened to death for me because I did not get the shot.  I blieve she was, she sounded scared spitless.  Now I am hurting for her and worried about my brother that did take the shot.  I do not know if I will tell her or not....it wont help now, and I want to help her get thru this, not say "I told you so".  I will have to sit down and cry and get it out of my system tonight then pick up and carry on.  we are putting in the winter garden, and there is no time to sit around.  Our freezers are refilled with meat as we broke the budget replacing our meat supplies.  We can now coast for quite a while if things get wierd.  or should I say wierd-ER?

That high ropes course looks like FUN!  Im strong albeit crooked....love to try such a thing.   Instead we shall just start clearing out some of our wooded parcel and put in a shooting range instead.  Noiser, but still satisfying.  

Some practitioners who don’t believe the CDC are having luck reversing some of the side effects using the FLCCC’s protocol for long-haul COVID. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TheCG said:

Some practitioners who don’t believe the CDC are having luck reversing some of the side effects using the FLCCC’s protocol for long-haul COVID. 

What is that protocol?

Walked first this morning.

Supposed to get roof first thing but no one here yet--8:30 am.  They were going to start at 6:30 am.

Supposed to take a ride with a friend and then bake Spaghetti pie that was frozen and is now thawed in fridge.

Easy day?

• Like 3

DH drove us into the town to get his 'script...and grabbed the next B-day cards we need.  Then went to lay down/rest his back and my mom's.  She and I went to her dentist to make appointment/etc.  Then P.O. to get her BAG of mail.  :o  Then to grocery to get her 'script filled while we went next door to eat.  :feedme:  

It was good to finally get her out.  However, I caught a bit of salad dressing deep in my throat and thot I was gonna die!  :sassing:  Well, no.  I do this rather too frequently....I know this story.  But I only had lemonade to stop the coughing.  :unsure:   It made it worse.  Flagged down server ... "COUGH COUGH...water!   COUGH COUGH COUGH."   Sheeeesh!  {NO, I DON'T HAVE COVID!}  :tapfoot:   Finally was able to get it stopped.  :sigh:    That's another thing I'll need to talk to doc about.  ALSO is probably MS....but it also has been increasing.  

My mom's eyes got big and I squawked [in between hacking]  "...yeah, this happens...no worries..."   :buttercup:   Mom's worry but ......she's seen this before.  

We brought a meal back to her house for DH.  He'd rested his back....reading...and was ready for food.  Something hot-spice and beef.  :knary: 

A productive day and we didn't even forget to grab my mom's filled 'script.  :lol:   I thot for sure that would happen. 

MtRider  .....coming home with no tail wags at the door is ....  :yar: 

• Like 5

So sorry for your loss of puppy wags, Mt_Rider. :yar:

Here at my, eldest, younger brothers house. Not used to a different guidance system.  My phone system wouldn’t connect.  Had to use the vehicle guidance. Sign. He called me “old” because I stopped in the road, then, pulled into someone’s driveway to let the cars behind me go around…he saw.  Brat!
Guidance system, told me to ‘keep right’ when I needed to stay on I-10. Stupid system!   Had to make a U turn and get back on. :sigh: 

Tired of driving… will go back home & go back to TX next week.  Such is life…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Mt. Rider,  There are just no words to say about the loss of a pet. But as they say it will get easier with time. 

One company came out to give estimate on bathrooms. He wanted to rip them out to studs and start over. They are not that bad. Just needs new plumbing, and a new bathroom counter and sink. And he does not do fireplace fronts. He even wanted to raise the ceiling in shower of master bath. Really, I'm not spending money for all that. And he was using his ideas on how to remodel and not anything I wanted. He's out.  Another one is coming today. Will see what they will do after I tell them what I want done.  With the economy sinking and possible collapse of the country and now with Biden wanting the IRS to control our money so they can steal from us, I don't need to do anything but what really needs to be done. Total gut job is out of question.  

Going to try to get some cleaning done and then get canning jars and things ready to start some canning. Need to get soups made and hamburger is on sale and I want to can some hamburger this week end. Will go buy it as soon as contractors leave. Today is senior day, so 5% off today. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are getting our new roof put on as we speak.  Oreo and the girls are not as happy as we are!

Walked already.

Ran around a little with my friend.

Have to go for colonoscopy consult this afternoon--getting the prep kit, I guess.

Will stop at Kroger and a local market after for stock up and sales.

Don't have anything else big to do today.  Good deal!

• Like 3

Miki glad you are getting that roof done. 

The contractor came out and we went over everything I wanted to get done in house. He can do the fireplace and had a lot of ideas. He was very up front and honest. He could use the same mantel but it is shot. Nothing really holding it on now. Just sitting on the brick. Brick is in bad shape with all the cracks. two choices. One he can try to push brick back into place and just fill in the huge cracks that won't look good as it will look like someone just filled it in with cement and not in a good way. yes it is in that bad of shape.  Two is to pull it down and reface the whole thing. Brick going all the way up to ceiling. All the paneling has sheetrock behind it. That saves me a ton of money. So lots of repairs and new kitchen sink as mine won't even hold water now. So I am just getting a new one with a new countertop as mine counter has cracks in it. This time the counter top will be out so I can have bar stools on den side. I have a kitchen table but it takes up most of floor room.  Both bathrooms with lots of ideas.  Much needed storage can be built into wall. In small bathroom there is an area for a small linen closet and in place of the cabinet over toilet, he can put in a built into wall a much bigger cabinet up to ceiling for much more storage. Then he will fix the shower stall so it functions better. New faucets and shower head.  faucet is as old as house and has lots of issues. 

The main bathroom, will have the counter and sink taken out and a new counter half the size of what is in there. That is one very long counter. On one end of that counter is plenty of room for a linen closet. More needed storage. new sink and plumbing.  Thought I would be re glazing the tub as it is cast iron. But it would have to be re glazed again down the road. So ripping it out for a new cast iron tub. Not as expensive as I thought it would be. New shower would be put in that as well. Everything would stay in same place so no moving plumbing. That saves a lot. Same toilets as they are not very old.  Talked to him about the tile floors. Said I cannot get down on hands and knees with a toothbrush cleaning tile grout any  longer. These are those tiny little squares type tiles. He has a solution so I don't have to clean grout. They now use an  epoxy something or other, I forget what he called it. But they redo the floors with that and all I have to do is mop the floors.  No loosing grout, no stains as this will not stain.  Also I can get a new floor put over the old floor in den and kitchen and den that is water proof and life time warranty. Price of all this depends on what materials I want. So will get the full price of doing it when I go to the show room. They will call me to make an appt. to come in. Bad part is it might be 2 months out before they start which is ok because I have to pack up everything on walls and bookcase. That will take a while to get done as I will also have to empty the lower kitchen cabinets, take everything off of walls, and empty everything in bathrooms. So that gives me time without having to rush to get it all done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow, Little Sister. That last contractor sounds like he'll give you what YOU want!  Someone who listens!  :pray:  

Miki.....Yeah, I recently did the other way of checking "the plumbing"....so to speak.  The kind where you send the box back.  :rolleyes:  Good luck. 

DH's new driver had a real adventure when he tried to follow GPS to find us.  Tried to use cell phone and kept cutting out.  Welcome to NOT URBAN.  When he first called, I got out the maps to find out where his GPS had misdirected him.  Finally got him back to the highway.....he was really going the wrong way.  Told him to call me back in 8 miles when he got to our little hamlet.  Meanwhile, DH called doc office and told them he'd be late...driver lost.  When driver got to our hamlet, I directed him around an odd loop and he arrived on the county road.  Before I could give him the final directions, he lost cell service. 

Drat!  I should have told him to STOP driving....till I'm done.  :grinning-smiley-044:

About 15 min later, he calls again from our hamlet....having turned around too soon to find our road.  Uh huh....'fraid that was going to happen.  So I told him:  Don't move till I finish!  He says:  can't you come and meet me? 

Um.......[this will cost me energy to drive DH in and come back....I need that energy to ride horse tomorrow] .....um, no.  Okay, once you get back to the county road - you only have one more turn to make.  He was nearly here when he turned back.  So I told him to STAY on the county road even when it turns to gravel!  Just a bit further is OUR road.  [only one way to turn]  Take that and check addresses after you drive a mile. 

He found us.  DH only had to wait five minutes [instead of an hour and a half] once he arrived.  DH said the driver was very nice but just relies on GPS/Cell phones.  I gave him one of my neighborhood maps with ALL the road names.  Whew!  Trying to get urban folks out here {ON GRAVEL ROADS!} is challenging. 

MtRider  .... I've given out 3 of our detailed area maps in the past 2 wks.  I'm probably infringing on someone's copyright!  :shrug:  Dunno where I got in initially tho.

• Like 4

LOL Mt_Rider at the GPS dependent drivers!  For months after we moved to this little corner of rural Ga, even UPS could not find us!  They kept telling us our address did not exist, because their GPS system did not show it.  So we had to have things ordered sent to a friend until they figured out that yes, we do live on a real road and our address was for real.  I try to look at the bright side....we wont be inundated with people fleeing the cities if they are afraid of the 'wild animals' in the un-street-lighted dark of the real countryside and cant find us in the rural wilderness. 

Today we did Christmas light inventory.  Three HUGE totes of lights, checked to see if they worked.  Most, fortunately did, especially as we would be hard pressed to replace 14 sets of net lights and I-dont-know how many strings of lights. Mary put in the posts to hold our light strings off the ground high enough so the cats would not get tangled in them at night, necessary to delineate the HO HO HO Resort we are putting up for our display this year, in addition to HO HO HO Logistics in the upper acre.  Mary discovered today that the temp garage we put up last spring was 80% filled with Christmas stuff....well, thats why we put it up.  It works well to give us more room to store out garden tractor and such in the other shed & carport.  

The garden is basically in, that is the transplants we planted for fall.  Only a couple small beds remain which will hold some herbs.  I'm trying to establish one perennial and one annual herb bed of the most useful medicinal and culinary herbs for us, but its still a learning curve.  Once we dig the sweet potatoes we will throw in some seeds for winter growing.  (Hmm, I wonder if it is too late to get some walking onions?  I'll have to call the Southern Exposure seed company and ask.  I could make room for a onion and garlic bed on the side.)

After Christmas we will need to lay out trellises for the muscadine grapes, they are growing fast and will need pruning and trellising to optimize their potential.  The pomegranate is flourishing near the apple trees, the elderberry I brought from Wisconsin is growing larger but we will probably put in some more blueberries near the apple trees, as the ones we planted in the sunny spot do not like THAT much sun!  And we may get an apple or two next year.  It is not as big an orchard as I dreamed of, but then again, we are not feeding the neighborhood, just enough for us two and to put some up.  I still want a tea bush, a bay laurel bush (that I can pot and keep trimmed), wild plums and a hawthorne tree or two in my "wild" area.  Unfortunately Moringa does not grow here, its a tropical tree, or I would grow one of those (talk about useful!).  But slowly I can keep adding native (and adapted) "wild" plants.  Oh yes, I need to prune the blackberries, they are thorny as all get out.  But with both berries and leaves being useful I certainly dont want to waste my volunteer landcaping plants.  Its an ongoing process...thats why I love gardening.  Its dynamic and always something new.  The bougainvilla plant we tried was a success, it was very pretty.  The person we bought it from said in mexico where he got them, they are used for fencing/hedges as they are thorny.  And deer dont eat them.  Something to be said for thorns, they keep out the riff raff, LOL.  

Have any of you ladies ever grown tobacco?  It might be nice to know how and have some growing in case the health police decide to outlaw tobacco.  Mary looks cool smoking a corncob pipe, and quite a few folks around here 'chaw' so it would be a viable barter item.  Oh yes, for insecticide as well (us old folks know about that trick!)

But it been years since I knew anyone who raised it.  Hafta hit the books...I think Foxfire had quite a bit on tobacco back in the day.  

• Like 3

Didn't do a lot today. Just took it easy today.  Went to Church. Then came home and had lunch, Then put up some beef I found on sale. Price was to good to pass up. They just sat around part of the day and watched TV.  Took a short nap that I don't normally do. But I have not slept  well the past couple of nights. Guess it caught up with me today. Tomorrow is another story. Got to get busy again. 

• Like 2

We spent the past few days camping at the national forest up north. The nights were as dark as pitch and no cell service.  :wave:. A great getaway with bro and SIL. It has been so stressful with mom's end of life the past few weeks. I could have used 2 more weeks but the fishing was lousy except for that big Northern Pike.  :grinning-smiley-044:. I was so happy DH was there to take that ugly fish with 10,000 sharp teeth off the line.  :hug3:

• Like 3

With everything I have gone through with Dh and now starting work on house.  Those were the most stressful times in my life. I have done nothing but try to stay busy to keep my mind off of everything that has happened. But sometimes I just have to give in and try to relax a bit. A nice vacation would be great if I had someone to go with me. Kids are all working so until they get time off, they can't go with me on one. But it will come.  Right now I am getting ready to get the repairs and some remodeling done on the fireplace, and both bathrooms. Dh and I had talked about redoing the bathrooms but we never got around to doing it. So I am just doing enough to get repairs done and make them more functional. When contractor came out, he checked the paneling I need to have removed and there is sheetrock behind it. So that will save me a ton of money. Will have a new linen closet built into each bathroom. Much needed storage and will help in the sell of the house if and when I decide to sell and get out of VA. 

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, Littlesister said:

Guess it caught up with me today. Tomorrow is another story. Got to get busy again.

Keep in mind that tomorrow (Monday, Oct 11) is a Federal holiday and there may need some things that you have to do that won't be available until Tuesday. :thumbs:

• Thanks 1