MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whatcha doing today?

2 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Got all of DH's meds together to take to pharm. for disposal. Can't flush them down toilet nor just trash them. Will try to take care of all that tomorrow. Found some meds I no longer take any longer so will get rid of those also.

He did make the statement last week he likes it here. So, I am not buying anymore of his special foods, cooking for him and going to stomp on him if he doesn't clean his bathroom and bedroom. I am tired of being his house maid. So am making it so he won't be so comfortable here any longer.

Around here you can dispose of unwanted/expired meds at a dropbox near the police station. You just have to make sure that the meds being discarded are in their original pharmacy bottles.

Good decision re: the grandson. Does he pay you rent? Perhaps you could take those funds and put them aside (don't tell him) so that you will have enough for him to have the first rent and deposit that is usually required for getting into a place. This way he wouldn't have the excuse that he "can't afford" to move out - he would only be responsible for keeping up with the monthly rent. (And tell him that he cannot move back in with you if he loses his place.) You're going to have to be tough grannie. :(

• Like 5

He is paying rent and it is put up for when he gets his apartment.  He definitely will not be moving back in. All I do is clean up behind him and have been telling him for a month or more to clean his room and his bathroom. Guess I will be doing it again myself.  He won't do it. And you don't want to see his car. It is trashed and stinks. I am starting to make it very uncomfortable for him. Enough is enough. I have to finish getting this house put back together and make curtains for bathrooms and seems most of what I do is clean up every morning behind him. Kitchen is a reck every morning. Dirty dishes left in sink instead of dishwasher. crumbs all over the floor, counters left nasty, and my cabinets are getting sticky where he won't wash his hands. I am fixing to push him out the door now. He has had ample time to get back on his feet. 

Edited by Littlesister
correction
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

Good morning! 3.5 hours sleep. Ugh!
Will walk first.
Pick up friend and drop off her cat at vet for bloodwork.
While we wait, will hit Walmart.
Shoe store.
New Aldi.
Have lunch somewhere.
Pick up cat and take home.
Only regular chores planned for when I get home.

I wish you well @Littlesister, with getting GS to get his own place.  You may need help from the parents.  Seems like GS has a great set up with cook and maid and very little incentive to be on his own.  

• Like 3

Miki, I will be on his butt this weekend. He says he's sick and going to the doctor. Nope he's still in bed and his doctor closes at 12pm. So lied about going to doctor. Never even called for appointment. Says he has a lung infection because he was coughing a bit. Stop that vaping and he wouldn't have the issues. I have had a cough for months having to put up with his stinking bedroom and nasty bathroom. I am holding out cleaning it up this time. He will cleanup his room and bathroom or he will be living on the streets. He doesn't follow up on anything. Said he was doubling up on his car payments and never paid December payment. Don't know if he paid it this month or not. His bills are piling up again. So, March 1st was the deadline to get an apartment. It will be coming up fast and he will be told to move out apartment or not. I am so over this.

Cleaned kitchen this morning. He only used 3 glasses for tea this time. Go figure. Can't even keep clean dishes. Dishwasher sometimes gets used twice a day. I am no longer cooking for him, buying any of his favorite foods or anything else. He will be made miserable while he is here till March 1st comes. I hate to put him on the street, but I can't live like this with his filth. Guess I'm tired. His parents won't do anything. I tried that already. He can go live with them, but he would have to give up his job. He can easily get a job with the company his father works for.

Might go out to a park or something today if it's not too cold. haven't been outside yet but garage says 34*. Maybe I will go off somewhere for a while when it warms up more. I really need to get out of house for a while. Might go to tractor supply to look at fencing to see what I need to keep the rabbits out of garden. Time to start thinking about that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

The guy came to look at the house. I'm not sure what his purpose was though. I thought he was the final decider but I guess he just decides what the construction guys can do. So now the final step will be from the insurance company to determine what happened. I know what happened. Furnace went out and the pipes burst. Guess they need to verify somehow. They should call me Monday for an appointment. Crimony. In the mean time, a plumber is coming in the morning to replace the sump pump. Hopefully that will get rid of the water in the basement. 

• Like 5

Yesterday was a long but enjoyable day for me. Did our shopping while my friend's cat was at the vet. I liked Aldi. Pretty good prices compared to Walmart on most items and they had some that weren't at Walmart. Also bought my last pair of shoes for walking (for a while). Had lunch with friends.

Today, no walking as it is raining now and supposed to all day.
Will make sugar cookie dough for the year (and freeze).
Make chicken salad.
Do a few easy chores.

16 hours ago, Jeepers said:

The guy came to look at the house.

I'm just glad that they are showing up!

• Like 4

SURPRISE!  Our first cackleberries from the banties!  Still warm (talk about fresh, LOL).....

image.png.273ba02bf51a6acb6b5f0895131ff723.png   The banties are 7 months old...they are right on schedule.  

Eggs are store size "small".  Pretty beige.  And into the fridge they go!  We have 6 ladies, so more may be forthcoming.  Finding those made our day.  Now,  back to work canning, LOL

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 10

The Good the Bad and the Ugly. 

The good is the plumber came today and did something to bypass water from upstairs. I don't know what all that means but I have one working toilet downstairs and water at the kitchen sink. No hot water yet but...I have a toilet.  :hapydancsmil: He also replaced the sump pump. He said it froze and split in two. He did all of that in 3 1/2 hours. 

The bad is he had to clear out three closets so more stuff is just sitting out everywhere. I need to figure out where to put everything. I think they are going to have to help me with that. It can't go back in the closets because he tore out a lot of the drywall getting to some pipes so they will have to be in there to repair that. Plus if they have to replace the floor they will need it empty. And my garage is already full. 

The ugly is me. I told that clinic doctor I was allergic to antibiotics. The amoxicillin is causing me to break out in what looks like hives. Big itchy hives. I look like I have chicken pox. She said it would be okay...it's not penicillin. I sort of knew better. Sort of. But Doctor Google said most people out grow the allergy. I wanted to see while there are still doctors available so I chanced it. I didn't out grow it. I will say it did help my lung situation, I think. Or maybe I just out grew that. Anyway, I am one miserable mess with the itching and the rashes. My plan is to go to the hotel tonight so I can shower and clean up and go back to the clinic in the morning. I want them to see the mess and believe me and maybe get an antihistamine or something. 

Just kill me now.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

Kappydale, glad you are now getting eggs. That is great. I need to get back to canning some more stuff from my chest freezer. Put it on back burner again for a bit while getting the rest of the boxes emptied and stuff put away.  Going through things in garage now. Need to get that finished so I can start fixing that up with the grow lights and bucket garden containers and such. 

GS decided he was nauseas. Been hearing that for a week. So, pulled out Liquid Emetrol. It tastes nasty. Told him to take that. Nipped that lie in the bud as it didn't stop him from eating. He was all set to take off to his friend's house and I grabbed him by the nap of the neck and told him to hold it right there. No going anywhere till clothes are washed, bedroom cleaned, and bathroom scrubbed down.  I win. But with an altitude. One thing for sure he won't use the I feel Nausea trick on me again. haven't heard him coughing anymore either.  Hypochondriac for sure.

Making great progress with getting the house back together again. Almost there except for some things I can't do in living room till GS moves out and that furniture goes with him. Then that will be the last room to fix up like I want. 

Jeepers, my DD is highly allergic to amoxicillin, and you don't outgrow it. For her it was in early teens, and it was a bad reaction. When she started having children and one would get sick, doctor would give amoxicillin for them.  If it so much as touched her skin, she would break out and itch in that area.  So nope you will not outgrow that.  I hate those clinics as they will do what they want and do not listen to you. They don't seem to care.

Edited by Littlesister
Hit save to soon and it repeated the post
  • Like 5

They are a clinic at a hospital that my doctor's office is associated with. I really have no choice since my doctor's office won't see me until Feb. 1st. Stuff always seems to happen at night or on the weekend. They are only open from 10:00 to 2:00 tomorrow and will probably be packed. It isn't really one of those UrgiCare type places. Although I be happy to go to one of those at this point. They close in an hour and I'm not presentable. I could go to the ER but the last time I walked through the ER waiting room it looked like a huge human petri dish of germs. And it looked like people had been waiting there for hours. Believe I'll pass on that. I don't think they would take my itchy rash very seriously. 

To be honest, I'm not even sure I'm going to like my new doctor either. Basically, I'm going there to get back meds. If I don't like him then I'm not staying with him. I'll show them the same loyalty they showed me. 

I'm getting ready to go to Wal-Mart for some Aveeno bath stuff and some Benadryl. Olive Garden is behind WM so I'll stop there second. Then head to the hotel. Sounds like a hot time in the old town tonight.  

I thought I posted that but it's still here? Ignore if it's a repeat.

Anyway. I had a nice rest at the hotel, I love their beds. It's like sleeping on a foot of foam. I went to three places for Aveeno bath soak and no one has any. In fact the bath aisle looked nearly empty except for some lotions. I happened to notice the toothpaste aisle was pretty sparse too. Might want to stock up on that?  I skipped Wal-Mart because I didn't feel like walking through the whole store. I was going to ask a pharmacist about a bath soak but at Walgreens, CVS and Target the pharmacies were already closed between 5:00-6:00 on a Saturday night. That surprised me. So I didn't get a soothing soak. 

Olive Garden was absolutely jam packed. They were streaming out the door and cars were idling out front of the building waiting for a parking spot. Fortunately I called ahead and had curbside delivery waiting for me. Personally, I don't know how people would find that enjoyable. To each his own I guess. Date night? I am glad a place has a lot of business though.

I went back to the The Clinic...again. I got there four minutes before they opened and there were already 12 people ahead of me. They got me in and out fast though. The nurse asked me if I wasn't the person who passed out a week or so ago? Crimony. They recognize me even with a mask on. Guess I made an impression. Not a good one. Sigh. She looked at my chart and said, "It says right here you are allergic to antibiotics." Yep. I didn't want to make a scene because I might need them again. Especially if new doctor is a dud. I got a script for Zyrtec and a steroid. I figured I'd get Benedryl. Good to know about the Zyrtec. That was another reason I went there. I won't have to pay out of pocket for a prescription. I will admit that I'm getting tight with money lately. Or rather money is getting tight with me. 

I sort of apologized to the doctor for keep using the clinic instead of my doctor and she said it's hard to get in to see a doctor these days. They are swamped. 

We are getting bombed with lake effect snow. I wasn't as confident driving in it as I usually am after the fiasco I had in Indiana last month.

Lawsy, I'm a miserable itchy mess. But I think my lungs are better.  Dang if you do...

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Jeepers, try bathing with baking soda mixed in/dissolved in the water.   That is usually used to be fairly inexpensive and widely available.   Warm water, but not hot.   Don't be shy about dumping alot of baking soda into the tub water.    It is just baking soda, so if it doesn't help, it shouldn't make things worse.  

:hug3:

My hospital system has my allergies listed in my records AND they slap the red allergy bracelet on me.  However, they ignore both.  :(  :angry:

Edited by out_of_the_ordinary
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Thanks. Next time I'm at the hotel with a tub I'll try that if I'm still itchy. Right now I only have a toilet and a sink. But I am VERY grateful for that!

:gdtmi: I was running out of large cups.  

I thought about Epsom salts. I use it all the time but wasn't sure if it would be too drying. I'm learning a lot about "off grid" hygiene. I don't like it. When things get bad, I run to the hotel.  :lol: 

• Like 5

Jeepers...how about oatmeal?  Lots of articles on that.  But you might have to make compresses ...or how do you keep oatmeal from going down the drain???   If you're allergic, best to try a small spot.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/colloidal-oatmeal#what-it-is

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/oatmeal-benefits-for-the-skin

Secondly.....just another thot.  DH broke out in a whole body itchy rash after he recovered from C0V!d . It is one of the symptoms.  Fortunately, the off-brand antihistamine I had at home worked for him.  Do you think that could be a part of your rash?

MtRider  :hug3:  Praying all your workpeople will be skilles and honest!  :pray: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Woke up freezing last night. I do that sometimes and don't know why I do. But I turned on electric blanket and got warm again but couldn't go back to sleep. I was so tired I missed church again. Can't keep doing that. I have the sneezing under control now, but the cough is still there. That just doesn't want to go away. Ears still ackey but better.  

Seems we all are having issues these days, and this is not the time to be having illness and such.  I pray we all get back on track and well again. 

GS still acting like a jerk. Told him I am putting the house up for sale, so he best be looking for that apartment.  He asked why and I told him he won't look for an apartment and he won't clean up behind him. Said I am tired of getting up every morning to clean up his mess before I can start doing things I need to do. He got mad and slammed the garage door hard. So, door is locked, and he can't get in tonight unless he agrees to have that talk with me about his car and the apartment and the fact, he said he would clean bathroom and his bedroom. Think he needs a reminder of what it was like living in his car in Washington. He did wash most of his clothes. But took off to friend's house before cleaning bathroom and bedroom. Came home in middle of night and still never cleaned it. I did clean bathroom today and will be deducting $200 from his rent money for maid service. Gave the kitchen a deep clean also. Can't sleep so might is well clean behind him. Talked with his mother and all I get from her is he's a boy and they don't clean up. I said I see why. You didn't teach him growing up and is that the reason you kicked him out of your house. Yep, no answer. Told her she and her DH best be having a talk with him about not following up on what he needs to do. That car payment he missed; I saw the bill. He has a 7.8% interest rate and has already paid out $333 in interest. That is added onto his bill. Friday, I asked him if he had enough in his savings account to help pay the car off using the rent also, he gives me every month. No answer. He just walked out the door and stayed in his car on his phone till middle of night. I give up. So, letting him think I am selling the house for now to see what he does. 

Sorry for the rant but I am tired. Seems I am doing twice the cooking, cleaning and washing of towels and stuff. It's been almost 2 months since I washed his bed sheets last. His room stinks bad. 

Before I had my neck surgery, I had frozen shoulder. Not fun. I have been trying to empty boxes and go through stuff and now my shoulder feels like it did when I had frozen shoulder. It hurts but I can still move it around but now it will go down my arm. I think I better learn to drag boxes where I need them instead of trying to pick them up before I do damage.  Getting too old for this mess but it has to be done.

Checked out the fence for the garden but need to figure out a gate for it of some sort. Not sure about how I will do that. Might have to call a friend to help me with this project. Not going to be as easy as I thought. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Delivered a meal to a sick friend after cleaning up from funeral meal, yesterday. Got home and DH could hardly breathe. Way too short of breath. Took him to ER and he was admitted. The nebulized antibiotics weren't working for his lung infection. He is getting IV antibiotics now. Not sure when he will get out.

This morning, I will walk first.
Start laundry.
Take my friend to vet to get more food for her cat and take my chihuahua to get her nails clipped at the same time.
Take a list of stuff up to DH in hospital and get update.
Have several phone calls to make.
Hopefully, rest a little.

9 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Checked out the fence for the garden but need to figure out a gate for it of some sort.

I just used the 24" chicken wire and stepped over it to get in.  It seemed to keep the rabbits out.  Good luck with your grandson.  If mine were here, he would act the same way.  I believe it stems from their upbringing.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

Home from TX.

Long list of ToDo’s.

I now have a “pre-ban” refurbished washer, with a 3 year warranty!!!!

First load, revealed how much soap was still in the clothes….  wow… no wonder they didn’t feel clean before.  The white load came out brilliant, instead of a dingy gray.

:cele:

:hapydancsmil:

:woohoo:

:amen:

• Like 7

Mt. Rider, I thought about oatmeal but then I thought about clogging up the hotel's plumbing system. I'm trying to lay low when it comes to plumbing.  LOL.  I think Aveeno is an oatmeal product. Seems like I remember (:rolleyes:) something about it being finely pulverized oats. Colloidal Oatmeal? I have a lot of it...in Indiana. The rash is definitely from the Amoxicillin. Some of my body (chest and neck) looks like it has chicken pox and some of it (legs and arms) looks like it has measles. I'm covered. The itching is insane. Zyrtec did help me sleep through the night. 

The steroid instructions are involved. Take 2 before breakfast, 1 at lunch, 1 at supper and 2 at bedtime. Thats just day one. They decrease each day for six days. Remembering could be an issue. At least they are in a blister packet with each day separated out. And they taste horrible. I think I'm going to have to hide them in a cheese pocket like I used to do my dog.  :D 

I just read the links. Yep, that's what Aveeno is. Easy enough to make your own though. Would be good to make some up and store it in an air tight jar. Good to have for adults with hives and mosquito bites and children with the same plus measles and chicken pox. :thumbs:

Edited by Jeepers
Added Info
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Got dining room table cleaned off. It was piled up with GS's food that needed to go in his cabinet. So that is all put away. Then had some things to put back in shed. Table is now all cleaned off and I can sit there and go through my tax stuff. Things are just starting to come in now. Need to pick up my RX list for all the meds I bought last year. Lots of papers to go through to see what I need to keep and what goes.

Jeepers, I hope the meds help you. I know you are having a rough time of it with that itching.

GS did have that talk with me late last night after he got home from work. No apology for slamming the door but he knows what will happen if he does it again. Told him all he wants from me is a cook and maid service and there will be an extra charge for that above and beyond his rent. I also asked him point blank if he is smoking in bedroom as his room stinks bad and smells of cigarettes. He still says he's not and he also knows that is not allowed in this house. Never has been. When his mother was here, I told her to go smell his room and she said she couldn't smell anything and walked out. That room was bad. So, she just takes up for him instead of telling him it better stop. When I told him last night about the smell, he just said mom doesn't smell anything so neither do you. So, I said Well you washed your clothes, but they are all over the floor. He said I might be smelling his pot on his clothes as it has a sweeter smell to it. Told him I will catch him if he is smoking it in bedroom. One of the stipulations moving back here is the pot smoking will come to a halt. I am putting in a very tiny camera in his room. If he is smoking it, I will have proof of his lying and him smoking it. he always gets dressed in bathroom so that shouldn't be any issues there.  Good thing is he halfway cleaned his room last night. But it still stinks. I guess throwing the trash in trash can off the floor and throwing his clothes clean or dirty into both the hampers in there means he cleaned his room. Yep, mom said he was a boy and boys don't clean up behind themselves. Upbringing is an understatement as his sisters both had to not only clean up behind themselves and she had them scared to cook in kitchen and also had to learn to change a tire and do an oil change on their cars. GS never had to learn any of that stuff. Not easy to teach a grown man how to do all this stuff he should have learned as a child. And he doesn't seem to want to learn anything either. But then that could be the pot talking. I've known for a while he was back on it again. Thanks to one of his coworkers. He heads to his house almost every Friday night. Now they sit around and drink. Yes, he told me that also. I asked if he was drinking and driving and he said no, he waited 6 hours before coming home.  He will get in trouble yet. So now he said he is paying off his car at end of either this month or next month and then it will take him 4 months to safe up for the apartment.  Gee, where have I heard that story before. Going to sit down this evening and write up rules and stipulation for him to stay here till July 1st. At which time if he does not have an apartment by then I will be kicking him out of house to live on street. No more chances no nothing just get out. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

@Littlesister I am sorry you are having so much trouble w/ your grandson. I hope you "stick to your guns" when it comes to enforcing the rules you establish. As to the cigarette smell: if his mom is a smoker she will not notice any smell as she is used to it. Regarding the, "If mom doesn't smell it, it doesn't exist" comment, sounds like you have no back up from her, so I wouldn't count on her being in your corner for any other problems/issues that arise with him. :(

I am kinda' sorta' in the same boat with my middle son. We have been estranged for several years due to some behaviors on his part. He has been contacting me recently about wanting to reconcile, and I am a bit hesitant, but I don't want to freeze him out if there really have been some behavioral changes on his part. I am proceeding with much caution, even some trepidation on my part. :unsure: We shall have to see how it goes....................one day a a time. :hidingsmile:

• Sad 6

Telling you that you don't smell it is called 'gaslighting' and is classified as a form of abuse.  It is an attempt to control your reality.  I would not get the camera, as that can open a whole new can of worms and in some places cause you legal troubles even in your own house (because it is a room devoted to his use).  It can certainly cause you social issues.  Besides, you don't need proof for something you know.  All you need is your nose and what you know.  Don't let him control your reality and make you go to increasingly ridiculous lengths to prove that the sun rises in the east.  Say that if you think you smell it, that's going to be it, and he can live with the consequences.  Give him notice that the burden is on him to keep you from smelling it, and that there will be no argument as to whether you do.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Today, I walked first.
Went to Dollar General where all Christmas items are 25 cents today. Came home with 5 candles, a tin of popcorn and a couple of rugs for $1.88 total.
Fed and walked dogs.
Washed rugs.
Cleaned bathrooms.
Dusted house.
It's boring without DH here! He isn't a lot better, but I think his breathing is improving.
Will try and make myself sit down for a while.

• Like 5

Ambergris, I totally agree. I also think using a camera in his room is a bad idea. That is an invasion of privacy. Especially if he is paying any rent. You might see something you aren't entitled to see. If you don't want someone living in your house then get them out. Remember, you are the one who is moving the dates. Don't enable him. I think you know why he is no longer welcome at his mother and sisters house. 

Littlesister, it seems like both of your grandchildren who moved in with you used you in one way or another.  I'm not trying to be harsh! But if you don't stick to your guns then they will continue to know they can 'play' you. 

Midnightmom, I know about letting someone back in your life. Just set your boundaries and look for signs that caused the split in the first place. It doesn't hurt to be cordial though. Go slow and don't let your guard down. My relationship with my son hasn't always been that great either.   

Healing prayers for Mr. Miki!  :pray:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I already decided not to use the camera. Though it is very tiny and can't be noticed if placed right. I know he is smoking pot in that bedroom if not cigarettes. He as much as said he is smoking pot and it helps him. No, it is a crutch he uses to be back on it. The smell is strong, and I think that is what is causing this cough I've had for a few months now. Decided to write up a contract for him. And he will sign it. July 1st is his last day here and I will kick him out. His mother does not smoke but his father does.  DD has asthma and SIL has to smoke outside. Though GS does go outside to smoke, he is smoking in bedroom during the night. It smells really strong when he first gets up and leaves for work.  I have heard every lie about how he was doubling up on his car payments when I saw the bill and he never even paid December's bill. He is past due and never doubled up on his payments. Said he was looking for a new car which I agreed on him getting that first as he does need a new car. So that is the reason for changing the deadline for moving out from March 1st to July 1st. But now in the contract car or no car July 1st will be his deadline for moving out. And no, there will no longer be a place for any of the kids to move back in here with me. They can visit but not staying. That includes my DD and all Grandchildren. I don't need the stress. It is also one of the reasons I have been thinking about selling the house. Maybe just get a one-bedroom house but with a room I can fix up for my sewing room and office. Or move so far away that it would be harder for them to come try to move in. I had turned that bedroom from my office and sewing room into a guest room for the kids to visit and then GS got kicked out on street in Washington in dead of winter.  He has done some improvements since he has been here and despite the fact, I have gotten into it over his not following up on things and not making any move to get a car, save money, nor find an apartment, he has now controlled his temper well. He acts like he's not even mad now. Only a slamming of a door when I get on him. Yep, that is going to stop also. Told him I fixed the hinge on door after he slammed it. He did say he didn't mean to break the hinge. I didn't say anything just let him think he broke it. What happened is it knocked the pin out where the contractor didn't put it in all the way, and I had not pushed it back in fully.

Got stuff out of chest freezer to start canning tomorrow. Need to keep busy.  Tomorrow would have been mine and DH's 38th anniversary. So, a bit down this week. Reason to keep busy. And no, I don't need GS's mess on top of it.  Tomorrow I will be canning all morning and into the afternoon more than likely. 

• Like 3