MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Pray hard for us

We just got back from the hospital with news that my husband needs open heart surgery within the month. He's only 27! I know I'm new, but I'd appreciate any prayers you have. It looks like we may be dipping into our food and financial stores sooner rather than later, though God is great and will care for us during this time.

Heavenly Father,

Thank you that skyblue has joined us here at MrsSurvival so that we might join together in prayer for her and her husband.

So Father, I stand together with our other friends here, lifting her and her husband up before You. I just pray Father, that You would orchestrate and keep Your hand of protection over every detail in her husband's life from this moment forward. I pray that Your wisdom, Your discernment, Your guidance would flood the doctors minds as they study his case. I ask Lord, that nothing that hasn't first been ordained by You be allowed in his life and that Your guardian angels would surround him in the days to come.

May Your precious Holy Spirit fill their hearts, soothing them with Your peace, Your hope, Your love. While much is unknown, as to how this will all be resolved, You already know exactly what will happen. So Father, remind them to keep their eyes on You, may they trust You even though they may not always have the answers and may they know, without a shadow of a doubt, that You, as his creator, are in complete control of all that happens in his life.

Bless these two Father...may their faith in their Heavenly Father cause others faiths to be enriched and deepened and may these 2 find rest and safety beneath the shadow of Your Holy Wings, for You alone are God.

And Jesus? Thank You for all You have done so that we might have the priviledge of coming before our Holy and Heavenly Father, interceeding in prayer.

In Your Name, and Your name alone Jesus,

Adding my prayers also praying

bighug They can do amazing things now days. One of the professors here at the college where I work had open heart surgery last July he was discharged on Friday and back working half days on Monday. His wife would drive him into work and they would stay for about 3-4 hours and then go home and he is 60+.

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

Adding praying to the others.

Old Pine, my DH, had a double bypass just a few years ago, and yes, he is also in his 60's.

The younger can heal faster than the older people too.

HUGS10-1.jpg

Thank you everybody. I'm so grateful for you guys here. We're meeting with the surgeon Friday, which seems like such a long time away. Ryan's on limited exercise and blood pressure and blood thinning medications, to prevent his heart from working too hard. We've been told it's a blessing we went in when we did. His Mitral Valve reguritation is very severe and the next step would be heart failure. God is great and must have plans for my husband, because it's pure luck we got him checked out when we did. If we'd waited 6 months, we'd be looking at a heart transplant.

Thank you again everybody. Ryan got a referal to St. Joseph hospital with a surgeon that only specializes in Mitral Valve repair. God has led us to one of the top surgeons in the country and we have great faith that he will be made whole through God's hands on this surgeon. We have a consultation next week and the surgery will hopefully be scheduled within two weeks of that consultation. Thanks so much for you continued prayers. It means so much to us.

Sorry I missed this before. I am glad that he has found a good surgeon. I will continue to pray that all will go well.

Archived