My Sister's Trials

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleaning for a Reason

If you know any woman currently undergoing chemotherapy, please

pass the word to her that there is a cleaning service that provides FREE

housecleaning - once per month for 4 months while she is in treatment.

All she has to do is sign up and have her doctor fax a note

confirming the treatment. Cleaning for a Reason will have a participating

maid service in her zip code area arrange for the service. This

organization serves the entire USA and currently has 547 partners to help

these women. It's our job to pass the word and let them know that there are

people out there that care. Be a blessing to someone and pass this

information along.

http://www.cleaningforareason.org/

We've been talking. She's not doing well, intense pain, burned and blistered enough they are going to quit the therapy and she's on bed rest. It was the plead in her voice when she said, "Pray for me."

Thank you all for your prayers, she has called several times and said they helped her get through another day.

*Heavy Sigh*

Praying for your sister.

• 7 months later...

Update:

After recovering from the first round of chemo, that almost took her life, she seemed to be doing better. She had gained her strength back and had been getting around and doing things again. I was so encouraged that maybe the treatment had really worked and she had beaten the cancer. The relationship with her daughter had been restored and her grandchildren were visiting the last time we skyped.

Yesterday, after last weeks tests, she received notice from the doctor that the cancer spread to her liver and her lungs. She has pneumonia and is on oxygen 24/7. They are going to do more chemo treatments, but, have told her she might have only a year left to live. The hardest part, she asked me to tell our Mother. As usual, Mom's comment was typical, "She gets to see Jesus before we do."

I respectfully ask for prayers for her.

Sometimes it is hard to know how to pray, and I think this is one of those times...

Father God, I thank you that in the midst of our sorrow, You are there in control. I ask for peace in the hearts of Annarchy, her sister and the whole family, and for the oil of joy instead of sadness. Father God, I thank You that you can wrap this whole family in a blanket of your love, You can support them when we are so far away, and you are always there when they need support. Just love them the way You do best,

in Jesus name

Amen

Praying. Watching my sister go through this ( successfully 12 years ago), I know how hard it is on both the person going through it and their families. She and your family are added to my prayers.

prayers for your sister .. prayers for you all!

I've been getting on so sporadically the past few weeks, that I've only just seen this, Annarchy.

I am so sorry to hear that your sisters' cancer has returned. But, on the flip side, I am so grateful that she has seen essential relationships repaired, her daughter restored to her, and her grandchildren bringing joy and contentment to her life and her home.

It's such an example of how great our Lord is -- that he can bring great goodness and happiness from even the most difficult situation. I'm glad that her cloud has been overwhelmed by the silver lining of a restored and happy family.

I will be in prayer for her, and for you. Cancer is one of the most dreadful of diseases, and I am so sorry that she is having to endure its ravages. Seeing one you love go through it is almost as hard.

:pray:

Thank you all for your prayers.

They sent her to the Cancer Centers of America in Ill. After more testing and chemo, she is heading home for a month and will return for more chemo next month. They have given her hope, maybe another year. If the chemo works, she might go into remission.

Again, thank you for remembering her in your prayers.

Edited by Annarchy
  • 1 month later...

October's treatment did not go well. After a brief stay in the hospital with fluids, they sent her home to recover the soft tissue burns. She could hardly talk for a couple of weeks.

November's treatments had worse effects. She is still hospitalized. They are trying to help her recover from the soft tissue chemo burns... and trying to build up her bone marrow back up again...

:sad-smiley-012: :sad-smiley-012:

Trying to stay strong.... :pray:

Dear Annarchy, this is hard news. Sorry for you and your family.

I'll keep your sister in my thoughts and'll light a candle for her tonight.