MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

2020 Corona Virus

This just in from USA alerts. USNORTHCOM implementing DOD Global Campaign plan for Pandemic influenza and infectious diseases for force protection and community based assistance. Checking e-mail now. E-mail to long to print here and don't know how to send it from e-mail to here. But the just of it is they are telling all marines coming in to US from China to start preparing for the pandemic. It also is stating for all families to prepare and I am thinking they are talking about military families. Also for the ships and installations.  Having finished reading all of it yet, but sounds like something in the wind. Will report on more when I finish reading it.  

OK the DOD and military, seems mainly the marines are now taking all precautions as they now fear this can weaken our military forces if it becomes a pandemic form on the ships and installations of military bases around China and other countries. They are now preparing for containment if any of them get sick. 

Edited by Littlesister
USA alerts response
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

:amen:  :cheer:  :amen:   ....for the fortunate folks who tested negative from Travis.  And for the whole neighborhood!!!  

USNORTHCOM  

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

United States Northern Command is one of eleven unified combatant commands of the U.S. military. The command is tasked with providing military support for non-military authorities in the U.S., and protecting the territory and national interests of the United States within the continental United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico, The Bahamas, and the air, land and sea approaches to these areas.Wikipedia

The support that USNORTHCOM provides to non-military authorities in the U.S. is legally limited by the 1878 Posse Comitatus Act, which restricts the role of the U.S. military in domestic law enforcement.

==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

BOLD mine

MtRider  .....and what are all those 11 selected bases previously listed going to be used for?????  :unsure: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 1

Mt. Rider, Don't know what the 11 selected bases will be used for yet. But most likely a containment field for the sick. But don't quote me on that. Will have to check on it. When I get a chance.

This came in early this morning from USA Alerts

CDC confirms 15th US coronavirus case. Patient among group in quarantine at Lackland AFB, Texas. Likely to be add'l cases  in coming days. 

So this is now on the rise in the USA.  But so far are the ones coming in I think are all from China.  But I also believe that now might be the time for us to prepare for what's ahead.  It's under control here now but will only take a few to start the pandemic.  I am taking inventory of what we have for a pandemic.  I have the cleaners, mask, googles,  gloves, and enough food and water to keep us going for a few months. But don't think it will be that long. We might not even get that bad here as long as they are keeping things under control. Not going out to buy anything as I think we are good with what we have. Though I am going out to pick up RX's tomorrow and today going to one store to buy peanut butter and fruit for the food ministry.  Harris Teeter has fruit on sale for 88 cents a can. Haven't seen that in a long time. Going to buy some for us as well. Just have to keep two sept. baskets as the  Church is tax exempt. So DH will be going with me to push one basket for us. 

• Like 5

One of our prep friends got a call from a close friend who works at the CDC...she could not say much, just to stock up NOW on masks.   We read between the lines & got lots of them.  The news tonight reported that we need to be ready to see more cases in the US, even into next year.  Interesting to see this developing .....

I am not sure that Americans will quarantine well, if it is called for.....I expect lots of cheating from spoiled folks that do not like being told what to do, even if it makes sense.  Hope I'm wrong, but glad I'm not in a city nonetheless.

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Yikes...Dogmom's article.  So how long will it take to get a clear reading?  IS that person actually still 'shedding' ...seems like that's what is being said?  This could get complicated in areas of the world where medical procedures are not quite modern.  :yar:    

MtRider  :pray: 

• Like 2

Hello! 

It has been many years since I was on this forum, and I was not certain how active it would still be. However, I was very pleasantly pleased to find that a discussion of the emerging Covid-19 virus is taking place. Do you all mind if I join in the discussion? I have been keeping up with quite a few media sources, and am happy to post information (from reputable sources) if you would like me to do so. 

I hope that you are all happy and well here. 

• Like 6

Hello TurtleMoma   Welcome back.  I have only been on here I think less than a year. I must say, everyone on here are great folks.  Love the post. Still reading a lot of old post from way back. 

This in  from USA Alerts:

HHS/CDC plus the health depts. in Seattle, San Fran, Chicago, NYC, and LA now testing patients resenting with flu-like symptoms for COVID-19 coronavirus.  They are saying it may be seeping into our country despite travel restrictions and screenings at airports.

This is not good for the USA as this can turn into a bad situation. 

TurtleMom  we will all be happy to know about the info that you have learned from others as well. I think the more we know about this the better we can all prepare for it.  And hope and pray it doesn't get any worse.

• Like 3

Thank you so much for your warm welcome, ladies. I truly appreciate it. :wub:

I’ll start posting links to articles that I find. I really appreciate your USAalerts updates, Littlesister. That is valuable information! 

• Like 4

Do any of y'all read stuff from Dr. Andrew Saul?  He wrote Doctor Yourself and a few other things in the orthomolecular (read: megadoses of vitamins) realm.  He has some interesting stuff up for Coronavirus.  He's posted on Facebook that there are doctors working in China with the WHO on using vitamin C against Coronavirus.

http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n06.shtml

http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n04.shtml

• Thanks 3

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-to-evacuate-some-americans-from-diamond-princess-cruise-ship-11581733214
U.S. to Evacuate Some Americans From Diamond Princess Cruise Ship
TRAVIS AIR FORCE BASE, Calif.—The U.S. government is preparing to evacuate American citizens from aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship, the site of the biggest outbreak of the novel coronavirus outside China, according to an official at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

About 380 Americans and their families on the ship, docked in Yokohama, Japan, will be offered seats on two State Department-organized planes flying back to the U.S., said Henry Walke, director of the CDC’s Division of Preparedness and Emerging Infections, on Friday. They are arriving in the U.S. as early as Sunday, he said.

A CDC team is on the ground in Japan to assess the health of the cruise ship passengers, Dr. Walke said. Those with a fever, cough or other symptoms won’t be allowed on the flights.

Evacuees will likely arrive first at Travis Air Force Base near Sacramento, Calif., where they will undergo additional health screenings, said Dr. Walke. Some will likely remain at Travis to undergo a mandatory quarantine, which will likely be 14 days, he said. Others may be moved to Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio to quarantine.

Travis is already the quarantine site for roughly 230 people evacuated earlier this month from Wuhan, the epicenter of the outbreak, and Dr. Walke spoke in a town hall meeting with those people on Friday. These evacuees will be kept separate from the fresh group arriving from the ship, he said. 

The current evacuee group from Wuhan is being housed in a hotel on the base, while those from the ship will stay in different lodgings about 200 meters away, he said. Both will have temporary fencing encircling the grounds and U.S. Marshals paroling the perimeter. 

“We’re not going to mix anyone,” Dr. Walke said during the Friday meeting, prompting some laughter. “This group is going to stay within this fence. If we take another group, we are putting a fence up over there.”

Between Japan and the U.S., “some preparations are going on but there are no details available for now,” said Keiichi Ishida, an official at the Japanese health ministry’s quarantine operation division, when asked about the evacuation plan.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

There is update for some of the U.S. folks on the ship in port in Japan

https://www.foxnews.com/health/us-coronavirus-plan-would-evacuate-some-americans-from-quarantined-cruise-ship-in-japan-report

Ack....Dogmom just beat me to it.   And yes, Dogmom, some will be your neighbors....  :pray:  all will be well.

MtRider  ....glad they're getting them out tho.  Seemed like a very large petri dish on that ship  :pray: 

• Like 2

How about sending in R2D2.....to deliver meds and supplies?  Real live Star Wars  :darthduck:  helping in the battle against COVID-19! 

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/coronavirus-battling-robots-deployed-help-fight-deadly-outbreak-china

MtRider  .....anything that will reduce the risk and exhaustion for those poor medical folks in China!!  :pray: 

• Like 3

So what do you all think of this? It’s a DIY for face masks. Think it would work? I’ve seen reports about how there will be (or maybe in China there already is) a shortage of face masks. There are already some local stores in my area that have signs up saying they have no masks.

I think the robots are a good idea. A couple of years ago I saw a documentary about how Japan was already using them for patient care in larger nursing homes and rehab type facilitates. They gave medicines (pills) and other things to the patients. One of the main benefits was lifting the patients. They could lift them up off of the bed over to a bath, potty or while the nurses aide was changing the bed linen. A big help in saving a human back. The R2D2 type were more for delivering things to patients. The documentary said the elderly really enjoyed seeing them in the halls and even interacting with them. The ones for direct patient care were constructed differently. They usually lifted them using the sling method of by using extendable 'arms'. A human was always there but the robots were doing all of the lifting. 

• Like 1