MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

2020 Corona Virus

The hilarious thing is that we don't believe in 'the zombie apocalypse.'  We make fun of all those sales  LOL.  DD16 is hearing impaired with an executive functioning disorder (special ed) and just blanked when he asked her why she should prep.  We talked about it when she got home and she knew all the reasons: economic crisis--personal and larger, sickness/injury personal and pandemic, weather problems, etc.  She just forgot everything when he started yelling and the only thing she could think was 'zombies' ROFLMAO.  It was devastating at the time, but she managed to move past it and is taking every opportunity to rub it in his face now.  He is just as unprepared as ever.  Luckily he lives way down south by his mom and she gardens and cans a lot so they should be ok even though she is getting very old.  

My ex & his mom, DH's mom and sister, and DD23 are all going to be severely impacted by this because they have no idea how to plan.   My mom is hoarder and my uncle a prepper,  so they and my grandmother will be fine.  My brother is iffy, but he manages a restaurant so he has stock from that he said he would use if it came to it.  DD16 and DD11 are here with me and they seem understand prepping and usually help with that.  My biggest hope is that no one shows up on my doorstep expecting me to support them. 

My family keeps asking me why I have so much flour when I cant eat most carbs.  DOH.  Because yall like bread, pancakes, and muffins twits.  Apparently I haven't made homemade pasta in awhile (can't eat it myself anymore) and the younger one's eyes got big when I showed her the kitchen aid attachment for it.    

• Like 5

Like I said, it depends on how you define "zombie."  The masses who don't think, who go around like grasshoppers, just eating.  Those are zombies.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Cowgirl, at least you have 3 of the 4 that knows what to do.  We have 2 daughters and 5 grown grandchildren. out of all of those 2 still live at home. One in Army. One in CA knows what to do and is ready. She even has a year's supply of dog food for her puppy. The granddaughter in Washington state knows what to do as her DH is in the Navy hosp.  So what happened to the daughters? They see what we have done and one used to come here to shop for groceries when her DH got laid off years ago. But the advice never stuck. At least her DH has taken over and got things together.  I guess some kids just learn the hard way. 

I must say I am tired of all the things I need to be doing before we end up on lock down. I was really hoping to get the RX's and then stay home for the duration.  Right now I am between spring cleaning as it turned cold and drizzling off and on, so know window washing yet. And between getting the garden together that I wasn't planning on doing this summer.  I think I am just getting tired and run down now. 

Needs me some rest. :shakinghead: Just been in one of those moods where I want to do something but don't know what it is I want to do. Can't get my act together today. 

I guess this coronavirus is getting to a lot of people. I just keep thinking is there anything I am forgetting and it's driving me nuts. 

Food--check

Water--check

Lots of meds both OTC and RX almost a check off

Other ways to cook --check

What is it that keeps driving me crazy today.

Propane and Gas --check

I give up.   I think I am just tired.

Hope no one else is going through the what am I forgetting thing.  I am just over it now. Must be getting bed time soon.  Tomorrow is another day. No Church so canning to do and Bible reading.  Then I can call it a day.

I hear you. I have been scrambling to re-prep for months, as my Spidey senses were going off big time. Saving $$ while also trying to re-stock supplies.

I don’t feel super READY, although we are better situated than the majority of people. So I keep wondering — what NEED have I left unmet?

• Like 6

Euphrasyne, you don't have to be "challenged" or what ever the politically correct term is this week, to go blank the way your DD did. Especially when someone is yelling at you. It happens to me all the time. Sometimes I go blank and I hurry up to blurt out the first thing that comes to my mind. Zombie is a good as answer as any around here. I might have to use that one...assuming I can think of it fast enough. 

Oh Lawsy, I just noticed your avatar!  :24:

• Like 5

I have been prepping for the zombie apocalypse for years. It is a good way to explain it to others. Zombie preppers don’t actually believe in zombies. But as they say, if you are ready for the zombie apocalypse, you are ready for anything. 🙃

• Like 7

Exactly, Cowgirl.  I have asked a lot of people what they are going to do about X "when the zombies rise."  They laugh, and then sometimes they look thoughtful.

• Like 2

This is not “just” a disease that endangers the elderly.

From CNN:

12-year-old girl with coronavirus is on a ventilator and fighting for her life

Relative says the girl has no pre-existing conditions and has not traveled to any hot spot. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

I've been seeing that younger people are needing ventilators in the US than in other countries.  Some people are suspecting it's because of all the crap we eat, that our younger folks just aren't as healthy as they are in other countries.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Ambergris said:

"when the zombies rise."

I've never read zombie books/watched zombie movies/shows [beyond a couple to see WHAT THE HECK...?] .  One reason  is the "gory/gruesome" factor, which appeals to me ZERO.  But the main reason is that I have always know it's the prepper world's way of stereotyping the UNprepared masses. 

What has made me nervous about this type of stereotyping [I've said this on a few other occasions]  is that it trains the mind to THINK/BELIEVE the storyline:  These people are already DEAD so it's okay to shoot them. 

As in, if you aren't prepared, you will not survive A, B, or C  catastrophic world event, you're already dead anyway.  AND YOU CERTAINLY AREN'T COMING TO FORCIBLY TAKE WHAT IS MINE!  .................................................................................  If live human beings try to take by force what is mine, I can defend.  But I think it is immoral to prepare myself to "see" them as zombies so that defending what is mine becomes "easy"....."careless", even.  :sigh:{ Not sure I'm explaining this clearly.}

The non-prepper world caught on to this Z- theme and yet STILL MISSED THE POINT!  Catastrophic Events happen.  Daily to a certain percentage of people.  Yearly to certain regions with weather events, etc.  Then.....once a century or so...it happens to ALL of us at once.  THEN the supply lines are way too long to bear up under the strain.  Food, water, medical, safe shelter, transportation shortages make dying too easy. 

And the masses apparently can't count to 100.  1918 + a century or so = an all-too viable possibility that dystopia will happen again and you who will not see......are the zombies. 

MtRider  ....will they get it?  Times running out fast for those we truly wish would 'get it'.  :pray: 

• Like 3

Those prepper TV shows are nuts.  Have any of you seen the one naked and afraid. That has to be the dumbest show on record. I ran across it while surfing the tv stations a year ago and can't believe it is still going.  People will do anything to get on tv I guess. It is suppose to be some sort of reality show.  Stupid is all I can say.  These shows do nothing for those that prepare ahead of what is coming down the pipes. 

:pray: they will get it Mt. Rider before it is to late. And the clock is ticking. Time is running out. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, TheCG said:

our younger folks just aren't as healthy as they are in other countries.

Also.....this wretched VAPING is going to wreck their lungs....which will not be good for COVID.

MtRider  :buttercup: 

• Like 3

59,138 Italy
33,276 US
28,768 Spain
24,873 Germany
21,638 Iran
16,044 France
8,897 Korea, South
7,245 Switzerland
5,741 United Kingdom
4,216 Netherlands
3,401 Belgium
3,244 Austria
2,383 Norway
1,934 Sweden
1,600 Portugal
1,593 Brazil
1,514 Denmark
1,470 Canada
1,314 Australia
1,306 Malaysia
1,236 Turkey
1,120 Czechia
1,086 Japan
1,071 Israel
906 Ireland
798 Luxembourg
789 Ecuador
776 Pakistan
712 Cruise Ship
634 Poland
632 Chile
626 Finland
624 Greece
599 Thailand
568 Iceland
514 Indonesia
511 Saudi Arabia
494 Qatar
455 Singapore
433 Romania
414 Slovenia
396 India
380 Philippines
367 Russia
363 Peru
332 Bahrain
327 Egypt
326 Estonia
274 South Africa
254 Croatia
251 Mexico
248 Lebanon
245 Panama
233 Iraq
231 Colombia
225 Argentina
222 Serbia
202 Dominican Republic
201 Algeria
194 Armenia
188 Kuwait
187 Bulgaria
185 Slovakia
169 Taiwan*
160 San Marino
153 United Arab Emirates
139 Latvia
135 Uruguay
134 Costa Rica
131 Lithuania
131 Hungary
126 Bosnia and Herzegovina
115 Morocco
114 North Macedonia
113 Vietnam
113 Andorra
112 Jordan
95 Cyprus
94 Moldova
90 Malta
89 Albania
88 Brunei
84 Cambodia
82 Sri Lanka
76 Belarus
75 Burkina Faso
75 Tunisia
73 Ukraine
70 Venezuela
67 Senegal
66 New Zealand
65 Azerbaijan
60 Kazakhstan
56 Guadeloupe
55 Oman
54 Georgia
50 Trinidad and Tobago
47 Reunion
43 Uzbekistan
40 Cameroon
40 Afghanistan
37 Liechtenstein
37 Martinique
35 Cuba
30 Congo (Kinshasa)
30 Nigeria
27 Bangladesh
26 Honduras
24 Bolivia
24 Ghana
23 Monaco
22 Paraguay
21 Montenegro
19 Guatemala
19 Rwanda
18 Mauritius
18 French Guiana
16 Jamaica
16 Togo
15 Kenya
14 Barbados
14 Cote d'Ivoire
14 Kyrgyzstan
13 Maldives
12 Tanzania
11 Ethiopia
11 Mayotte
10 Mongolia
7 Seychelles
7 Guyana
6 Equatorial Guinea
5 Gabon
5 Suriname
4 Bahamas, The
4 Eswatini
3 Liberia
3 Cabo Verde
3 Congo (Brazzaville)
3 Central African Republic
3 Madagascar
3 El Salvador
3 Namibia
3 Zambia
3 Zimbabwe
2 Saint Lucia
2 Benin
2 Angola
2 Fiji
2 Niger
2 Guinea
2 Haiti
2 Kosovo
2 Bhutan
2 Sudan
2 Nepal
2 Mauritania
2 Nicaragua
1 Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
1 Eritrea
1 Somalia
1 Antigua and Barbuda
1 Mozambique
1 Uganda
1 Grenada
1 Chad
1 Djibouti
1 Timor-Leste
1 Dominica
1 Holy See
1 Papua New Guinea
1 Syria
1 Gambia, The

US breakdown

15,793 confirmed New York 

1,996 confirmed Washington 

1,914 confirmed New Jersey 

1,642 confirmed California 

1,049 confirmed Illinois 

1,037 confirmed Michigan 

837 confirmed Louisiana 

830 confirmed Florida 

646 confirmed Massachusetts 

627 confirmed Texas 

600 confirmed Georgia 

509 confirmed Pennsylvania 

505 confirmed Tennessee 

476 confirmed Colorado 

381 confirmed Wisconsin 

355 confirmed Ohio 

302 confirmed North Carolina 

244 confirmed Maryland 

223 confirmed Connecticut 

221 confirmed Virginia 

207 confirmed Mississippi 

201 confirmed Indiana 

196 confirmed South Carolina 

190 confirmed Nevada 

181 confirmed Utah 

169 confirmed Minnesota 

165 confirmed Arkansas 

161 confirmed Oregon 

152 confirmed Arizona 

138 confirmed Alabama 

102 confirmed District of Columbia 

100 confirmed Missouri 

99 confirmed Kentucky 

90 confirmed Iowa 

89 confirmed Maine 

83 confirmed Rhode Island 

67 confirmed Oklahoma 

65 confirmed New Hampshire 

64 confirmed Kansas 

57 confirmed New Mexico 

52 confirmed Vermont 

51 confirmed Nebraska 

49 confirmed Diamond Princess 

48 confirmed Hawaii 

47 confirmed Delaware 

42 confirmed Idaho 

31 confirmed Montana 

30 confirmed Grand Princess 

28 confirmed North Dakota 

27 confirmed Guam 

24 confirmed Wyoming 

23 confirmed Puerto Rico 

21 confirmed Alaska 

21 confirmed South Dakota 

12 confirmed West Virginia 

6 confirmed United States Virgin Islands 

1 confirmed US 

417 dead

117 deaths New York US

95 deaths Washington US

30 deaths California US

23 deaths Georgia US

20 deaths Louisiana US

20 deaths New Jersey US

13 deaths Florida US

9 deaths Illinois US

9 deaths Michigan US

6 deaths Colorado US

6 deaths Indiana US

6 deaths Texas US

6 deaths Virginia US

5 deaths Connecticut US

5 deaths Massachusetts US

4 deaths Oregon US

4 deaths Wisconsin US

3 deaths Kentucky US

3 deaths Maryland US

3 deaths Missouri US

3 deaths Ohio US

3 deaths Pennsylvania US

3 deaths South Carolina US

2 deaths Arizona US

2 deaths District of Columbia US

2 deaths Kansas US

2 deaths Nevada US

2 deaths Oklahoma US

2 deaths Tennessee US

2 deaths Vermont US

1 deaths Grand Princess US

1 deaths Guam US

1 deaths Minnesota US

1 deaths Mississippi US

1 deaths Puerto Rico US

1 deaths South Dakota US

1 deaths Utah US

March 22, 9:45 p.m. Eastern

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I' think it is just that the "incubation" period is past - they had it but didn;t know it.  That coupled with the delay between testing & results makes things look worse;  maybe now the younger folks will quite feeling 'bulletproof' and gallivanting about.  Younger folks, not in a danger area, are starting to get it and die as well.  Viruses mutate, like any predator, they will go after the 'easiest' game....when folks at risk take precautions it readily moves to those other who do NOT take precautions.  

• Like 5

I'm hearing that too, Kappy.  A survey yesterday...local if I recall correctly...says the people in their 40's are highest group, followed by 50's.  Children were least....1% under 9 and 3% under 19.  The over 60's were lower too....CUZ WE'RE BRIGHT ENOUGH TO BE CAREFUL AND MOSTLY STAY OUTTA THE ACTION!  ;)  

But truly, the 30's thru 50's are the ones still on the workforce.  Some of them have very hard choices to make because of that.  :pray: 

Anyway....here is an article that discusses Govt tracking data on cell phones.....  And we all react with NOOOOOOO!  But....this is about COVID and how it can help TPTB get it under control of that monster if they know certain data.  Yeah, STILL HARD to say yes, isn't it?  :shrug:     Read and see what you think. 

https://www.wired.com/story/surveillance-save-lives-amid-public-health-crisis/

"surveillance" has such a sinister connotation, doesn't it?

MtRider :pc_coffee:

• Sad 4
20 minutes ago, Mt_Rider said:

I'm hearing that too, Kappy.  A survey yesterday...local if I recall correctly...says the people in their 40's are highest group, followed by 50's.  Children were least....1% under 9 and 3% under 19.  The over 60's were lower too....CUZ WE'RE BRIGHT ENOUGH TO BE CAREFUL AND MOSTLY STAY OUTTA THE ACTION!  ;)  

But truly, the 30's thru 50's are the ones still on the workforce.  Some of them have very hard choices to make because of that.  :pray: 

Anyway....here is an article that discusses Govt tracking data on cell phones.....  And we all react with NOOOOOOO!  But....this is about COVID and how it can help TPTB get it under control of that monster if they know certain data.  Yeah, STILL HARD to say yes, isn't it?  :shrug:     Read and see what you think. 

https://www.wired.com/story/surveillance-save-lives-amid-public-health-crisis/

"surveillance" has such a sinister connotation, doesn't it?

MtRider :pc_coffee:

Cell phone surveillance without a warrant?!?!? Time to renew my ACLU membership!! If it is individualized in ANY WAY I think it is unconstitutional.

• Like 3

The cases in Illinois mount daily. In the last 3 days there have been 700 new cases. 

• 23rd Mar, 2020

SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 236 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including three deaths in Cook County; two men in their 80s and a man in his 90s.  

Monroe is now also reporting a case.  Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,285 cases in 31 counties in Illinois.  The age of cases ranges from younger than one to 99 years.  Cases by county can be found on the IDPH website, as well as a list of local health departments who will have the most up-to-date information.

For all personal protective equipment (PPE) donations, email PPE.donations@...

• 22nd Mar, 2020

SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 296 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including an infant. IDPH also announced three deaths.  The deaths included a Cook County man in his 80s, a Chicago man in his 80s, and a McLean County woman in her 70s.  Jo Daviess, Livingston, Rock Island, and Stephenson counties are now also reporting cases.  Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,049 cases in 30 counties in Illinois.  The age of cases ranges from younger than one to 99 years. 

Health officials are still learning about this new virus and information and guidance is rapidly evolving.  At this time, it is still unknown if a pregnant woman with COVID-19 can pass the virus to her fetus or baby during pregnancy or delivery.  According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, no infants born to mothers with...

• 21st Mar, 2020

SPRINGFIELD– The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 168 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including another death; a Cook County man in his 70s. DeKalb County is now also reporting a case. Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 753 cases in 26 counties in Illinois (percentage of case by county below). Cases have occurred in ages 3 to 99.

• Sad 3

It is quite clear that the number of confirmed cases does NOT count all cases. For example, guidelines for nursing homes are that if there is ONE positive case, there is no need to test other residents or staff. The rest are dealt with by symptoms. Thus, we will likely never know the full number of cases, or deaths from this pandemic.

Edited by Cowgirl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

63,927 Italy
43,847 US
35,136 Spain
29,056 Germany
23,049 Iran
20,123 France
8,961 Korea, South
8,795 Switzerland