MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whatcha doing today?

Got all my store-bought canned meat in cabinet in kitchen today. Tuna, spam, corned beef, salmon, and corned beef hash and some others. All now organized so I can see what I have. All oldest dates are in front. 

Had an outdoor faucet to crack, so had plumber out today. They will be back on Wed., and one will be putting the air regulator on the boiler. He was supposed to do that months ago. But his brother passed, and I let it go for a while. His brother was my neighbor. 

Contractors will finally all be here tomorrow. They are going to demo the main bathroom and put in the backsplash. Small bathroom has a couple of things that need to be done, but I can use it.  Shower door was put in Friday. I am hoping they will be done by end of the month. 

I will be trying to get some of the garden in while they are working.  Still a bit to cold to plant some things, but I can get a few things going. My onions that sprouted have a strong root system. So will be planting them this week. Need to get carrots in as well. Not sure what else yet but will be going through all my seeds this week. 

This coming weekend I hope to get more kitchen cabinets cleaned out and reorganized. At least now I can start to get somethings taken care of. And I need to get my car washed. It's a hot mess. 

• Like 3

That's great Jayceef!

Littlesister glad you're getting your boiler issue taken care of.

I spent the day listening to the foundation crew jackhammer my basement. They got it all done so hopefully the rest of the work to lay the drainage is quieter LOL. I also caulked along the cracks and taped off the places behind the radiator to paint. Will quickly paint it after the puppy goes to bed so she can't get in the wet paint. We unboxed one of the vanities today and I love it it's going to look so nice. 

Hardening off my seedlings and have lost over half of them already...only the tomatoes and maybe the peppers are holding up. I'm going to keep the rest inside another week to let them get a bit bigger and then try again. Will just have to direct seed the rest once I can rototill. I ended up having to wait because my extension cord doesn't reach far enough to get outside the zone they are going to regrade in a few weeks. I will be glad when these projects are complete and I can get back a semblance of normalcy. 

• Like 4

We had a big rain after my garden was planted-most direct sown seeds.  now I have squash in the aisle I walk in.  Oh well.  May re-plant some in another week or so.  You all have been busy!

I brought DH home yesterday.  They don't think he needs oxygen so he just has to go back to ER if it happens again.  So glad he is home!

Good morning!
Will do an exercise video first--rain and storms.
Walk dogs later if possible.
Really don't have anything else on my list, so hang out with DH.

I bought a new propane grill Saturday and my neighbor helped me put it together Sunday. Wow! It took over 2 hours. The schematic looked like something the coyote would build with ACME parts! Got it together finally. Not sure what has been holding my old grill together. It is about 12 years old. LOL

Edited by snapshotmiki
  • Like 6
54 minutes ago, snapshotmiki said:

I bought a new propane grill Saturday and my neighbor helped me put it together Sunday. Wow! It took over 2 hours. The schematic looked like something the coyote would build with ACME parts! Got it together finally. Not sure what has been holding my old grill together. It is about 12 years old. LOL

Meep-meep! 

So, glad that your hubby is home and feeling better, Miki!

Wile E. Coyote And Roadrunner Are In A Neverending Hellcycle And We Can  Prove It

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

They started demoing the main bathroom today. Though they could not turn off the water. Pipes are frozen up and they would not budge. So, plumber coming tomorrow with the demo guys. So, while they were doing that, I went out and got my onions planted and went through all my seeds. Getting ready to put in the squash and to order the raised bed soil for the boxes. Again, I was told backsplash was not in. He went to pick it up after they said it was there and it wasn't there. He needs to find out what is going on with that. I have been getting this story for 2 months. So will be having a talk with the owner. Went to Food Lion after they left, and they were stocking for the start of new sells tomorrow. Frozen foods were really bad. mostly empty. I was only picking up a few things so didn't look at the milk or eggs or anything. So don't know if they were low or not. Frozen veggies are supposed to be on sale starting tomorrow, so might go back tomorrow to get some to dehydrate. 

• Like 3

Had wrist surgery yesterday.  2 bones and nerve release at wrist and elbow.  Nerve block at shoulder hasnt worn off so my entire arm just flops around like a dead fish if i shift wrong.  Im hoping it wears off soon.   DD13 is going to skip school today to help me.   DD25 is going to be here this evening to visit.  They are just passing through though so she is leaving later tonight.  I see soup in my future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

I hope your wrist is feeling a bit better this morning @euphrasyne!  Also, praying for a quick and complete recovery!

Will walk first after feeding dogs.
Get box from grill out for trash pick up.
Walk dogs.
Get new laptop hooked up to printer.
Starting a new Bible study tonight.

I hope you all have a good day!

• Like 4

Euphrasyne, glad you are doing better. Praying for a fast recovery.

Today I had plumber and 2 construction workers here. They have demoed the main bathroom and will soon be ready to put up sheetrock and do plumbing. The plumbing was in bad shape and the knobs to turn water on and off at sink had frozen up. So, all that getting replaced. Tub is out and so is vanity now. So just the cleanup and then putting it all back together again. 

My regular plumber was out to replace the outside faucet and to put the new air intake valve on furnace. So that part is all fixed. seems the faucet froze over during winter, and I had it covered like I always do. But the contractors were using the faucet and must not have drained it after. So it burst. 

Got my garden seeds started today.  So far just squash and cucumbers. Planted onions the other day and they seem to be doing good so far. Started those from onions that had sprouted. Ended up ordering the soil for the raised beds as what I wanted had the worm casting in it and other things. Lowes and Home Depot had sold out. So ordered on Amazon. They still had it. So as soon as that gets here, I can set up one of the beds and get my green beans and butterbeans planted. Need to get out to get tomato plants. Was going to do seeds but think I will just get plants for that and green peppers. I have no where to set up my seeds as contractors have the garage piled up with stuff and I really need to get the small greenhouse set up for the seeds. Just can't find what I need to keep that from blowing over in the wind. 

• Like 5

LS, what is the soil you are going to use?  We will need some for our deck boxes soon.  

• Like 1

DD25, DD13, DD1.  My heart overflows with joy.  The best moments in life are the simplest. Daughter of my loins and daughter of my heart.  They are mine.

20220406_191804.jpg

• Like 9

Euphrasyne,  Beautiful family. You have some lovely girls there. I know they are all a joy to you.

Mother the soil I ordered is Fox Farm soil.  It has a blend of earthworms casting, bat guano, seagoing fish and crab meal. Forest humus, mass PH levels are adjusted at 6.3 to 6.8 for optimum fertilizer uptake.  For raised bed boxes, this seems to be one of the best ones for that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

LS,  thanks.   I wondered if it was Fox Farms.  We’ve used it with good results in the past but haven’t been able to find it lately.  I didn’t think to look on Amazon.  :sSig_thankyou:

• Like 2

Already walked, walked dogs, hardboiled eggs, hooked up printer to new laptop.
Taking DH to doc appt. in a little bit.
Going out to dinner with Sunday school ladies.
May do ebay photos if there is time.
Weed a little bit in garden.

• Like 3

Lovely girls Euphrasyne!

Littlesister that sounds like some good dirt :)

Sounds like a nice day Miki! How is your husband recovering? Sounds like he's at least home!

Today they finished up the foundation drainage repairs, waterproofing and and installing the piers. And the electrician stopped by to talk about our project so will come tomorrow to get started re-wiring/updating where we need to remove knob and tube and adding electrical boxes where we need more or they need upgrading because they are missing the box around them. Lots of little things but at least we are getting it taken care of before a fire happens. Eventually all the systems in the house will be taken care of and I can breathe again!

Celebrating my birthday with Chinese food and carrot cake :) I had a good day 

• Like 6

We have been canning chicken.  I don't like the news I am hearing about the bird flu, and what they are doing to combat it.  Trying to get myself ready for what is coming next. 

• Like 7

This has been a busy week. Contractors have been here 4 days this week. Work on main bathroom has started and now to clean up the dust again. Not as bad though. 

Cleaned out the drawers in kitchen while they were working. Put in new shelf paper and went through everything in there. Much better organized now. And things I haven't used in years are now packed up to go. 

Euphrasyne, I hope your hand is doing much better. 

Miki, Hope your husband is much better also. 

Hello franksgirl.  I to have been canning chicken as well as beef. Just waiting now to can everything in freezers after the construction is finished. Made room for a couple of hams that I am waiting for a good sale for. Those will be in freezer till I get them canned with beans after the construction is done. Too much dust flying around to do that job right now. 

Neighbor called me last night before storm hit, to go over and calm the dog down. Her father-in-law lives with them as he has dementia and he fell outside, and they had to take him to ER. Seems doggie went crazy because of the accident. So, I went over and played with her, letting her chase her ball and wearing her down. She calmed down and I bought her back in house and gave her some goodies.  FIL went down on the cement driveway and busted his head open.  After 7 staples and 2 CT scans he was allowed to come home at 4 am. They are all worn out. But he is doing ok. 

I think since there will be no contractors here this weekend, I will try to get the upper kitchen cabinets cleaned out and new shelf paper in. Then I can get those cabinets reorganized and situated like I want. I do have one upper cabinet done already. So, 6 more to go. 

My raised bed soil came in last night, so will also be working on getting boxes set up to start planting. Going to be a very busy weekend.

• Like 3

I have my dried white beans soaking for the night. Going to can white chicken chili tomorrow. I made the coconut frosting for DH's German chocolate cake and also made a strawberry graham cracker dessert. I needed to use up some ingredients from the cupboard that were expired. Taking a break as my back is bothering me a little. I need to finish laundry and clean the house up tomorrow. Plus, I need to do something with my big bag of sun dried tomatoes. 

• Like 2

I helped a friend Friday and Saturday. Walked first both days.

Went with friends from Church to an Easter Cantata at another Church this morning. It was wonderful!
Came home, then went to Walmart for fruit, veggies and eggs as I am back on the green smoothies for another week or so.
Walked dogs.
Went to put up chicken wire around the potato patch (something is eating my onions) and it is the wrong size chicken wire. So that will wait until tomorrow.
Hard boiled a dozen eggs, some for fridge and some for pickling.
Set up my vities for the next month.

DH seems to be doing so much better! Talk about a relief!
The IV antibiotics and the oral follow up antibiotics must have beaten down his bronchiectasis for a few months.
When he went for follow up appointment, his oxygen was low enough to prescribe it for home use. All good news

• Like 3

Glad things are getting better for everyone …. :pray:

Found MIL’s local church St. Patrick’s Cathedral Dioceses service in TX where she goes, on line, live streaming.  Pulled DH’s headphones & had it streaming when she got up, showered & made herself beautiful… she almost cried… I think she did, but she tried to hide it.

Researched some info for MrsS on my phone, while she watched her service, found it, but, couldn’t fix it, with my phone, until she gave my tablet back.  Lol. At least, I made people smile today…. usually I try not to do anything on Sunday, it’s the only day I have off…. but making people smile is worth every effort….

Green chili burgers, with pepper jack cheese & butter grilled bread with basic potatoes chips for dinner…. 

• Like 5

It has been a very stressful and painful week or so and I haven’t been online much. So much to catch up on. Dealing with a major fibro flare that I can’t seem to kick and it has limited me to basically work, home and sleep. Brain fog has been a bit overwhelming.

Today I had a new experience. I went to a friends house who is a Reiki Practitioner and she did a session with me. It was very relaxing and I came home with an overwhelming urge to clean and energy to back it up. Laundry is going and I’m working on a meal plan for the week. (DH is offshore so it’s just DD17 and I…so hard cooking for 2) I’ve also decided to try yoga so I’m looking for someone to stream and learn from on TV or iPad. 

Cant wait to catch up with everyone

• Like 6

I hope your new therapies go well @ANewMe!  Stress seems to be around more these days for all of us.

Good morning!
I will walk first this morning- a little late as Oreo kept me up fearing the thunder.
Laundry today.
Go to hardware store for correct chicken wire. Then fence potato, onion patch.
Cook dinner for DH. Still not sure what.

• Like 1